Coach Love

Merlin

Seems like Derrick Pearson is in the know on this

https://api.podcache.net/episodes/d2367348-0f7f-428d-82bf-4b48fbd7d0b2/stream.mp3

https://redcircle.com/shows/old-school-w-dp-and-jay-93-7-the-ticket-kntk/episodes/d2367348-0f7f-428d-82bf-4b48fbd7d0b2

It would seem as this might be slightly less scandalous than one might naturally infer. 

One thing that seems certain is that AS was removed from the roster against her wishes.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Seems like Derrick Pearson is in the know on this

https://api.podcache.net/episodes/d2367348-0f7f-428d-82bf-4b48fbd7d0b2/stream.mp3

https://redcircle.com/shows/old-school-w-dp-and-jay-93-7-the-ticket-kntk/episodes/d2367348-0f7f-428d-82bf-4b48fbd7d0b2

It would seem as this might be slightly less scandalous than one might naturally infer. 

One thing that seems certain is that AS was removed from the roster against her wishes.

It's a little difficult to exactly figure out what is going on because Pearson is mostly trying to convey he's just mad about how the university has handled this and thus you find yourself not trying to fill in any of the blanks he might have left.

It would seem as though per someone on the team(perhaps Scoggin herself) to him that during the trip to Penn St. that Scoggin went to Love's room, Love left the room, and Scoggin was discovered In Love's room by someone else, and that nothing happened. He doesn't say why Scoggin went to his room, why he left, who found this out, and if anything had happened prior to this trip.  I don't know if he's not filling the rest in because he doesn't know and/or he's trying to tread lightly. 

I guess the couple of things it's safe to assume here is that the CL and AS not being currently active with the team is, in fact, related and AS no longer being on the roster isn't her choice. 

20 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

It's a little difficult to exactly figure out what is going on because Pearson is mostly just mad about how the university has handled this but it would seem as though per Scoggin to him that during the trip to Penn St. that Scoggin went to Love's room, Love left the room, and Scoggin was discovered In Love's room by someone else.  As was told to him, nothing happened. 

I found it to be a bizarre sort of segment because it was Pearson complaining that people were speculating because of a vacuum of information that he himself could fill  but was naturally hesitant to give up. 

This is kind of what I heard is that the girls set this up. Which is why I questioned chemistry as to why they would want this to happen if this is true. 

Player comes in room, Coach leaves Room, A group of girls come in room to find her getting comfortable in room, there is a meeting to decide if this appropriate or not, true or not true.  Was told nothing happened.  And ya just basically him mad that the university is letting things happen like right now go on even with me typing this. 

He offered house to player. Player hasn't ate in 2 days because of the embarrassment from all this going on. Hasn't heard from any of her teammates. Was not her choice to be removed from team and is mad that they would kick player off with out an investigation and proof. 

45 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

It's a little difficult to exactly figure out what is going on because Pearson is mostly trying to convey he's just mad about how the university has handled this and thus you find yourself not trying to fill in any of the blanks he might have left.

It would seem as though per someone on the team(perhaps Scoggin herself) to him that during the trip to Penn St. that Scoggin went to Love's room, Love left the room, and Scoggin was discovered In Love's room by someone else, and that nothing happened. He doesn't say why Scoggin went to his room, why he left, who found this out, and if anything had happened prior to this trip.  I don't know if he's not filling the rest in because he doesn't know and/or he's trying to tread lightly. 

I guess the couple of things it's safe to assume here is that the CL and AS not being currently active with the team is, in fact, related and AS no longer being on the roster isn't her choice. 

There was definitely a lot to unpack here.  He has to, I would assume, know more if his family is housing her.

Its an interesting listen for sure.  I have so many questions.

27 minutes ago, KarlHessEatMy.... said:

This is kind of what I heard is that the girls set this up. Which is why I questioned chemistry as to why they would want this to happen if this is true. 

Player comes in room, Coach leaves Room, A group of girls come in room to find her getting comfortable in room, there is a meeting to decide if this appropriate or not, true or not true.  Was told nothing happened.  And ya just basically him mad that the university is letting things happen like right now go on even with me typing this. 

He offered house to player. Player hasn't ate in 2 days because of the embarrassment from all this going on. Hasn't heard from any of her teammates. Was not her choice to be removed from team and is mad that they would kick player off with out an investigation and proof. 

Would make sense as to why team was not focused at PSU though if this was a team wide issue that all happened at the hotel.

All this could also be someone trying to provide a cover story for someone else, and like you say he's just mad at the way it's "being handled"...not like he wants. Was Derrick Pearson there when it happened?? Of course not.

I'll wait until the school makes their decision(s), will not not listen the media and prognosticator's make their best wishful guesses / thinking.  Have seen way to much of that.

I'm going back to watching basketball games. 

The simple fact that the team had  just learned of something happening between a coach and a player (supposedly)...a player and coach removed from team just hours before ....would be far more than enough for them to be distracted when they played Penn St

Edited by redsteve

How can one ever be sure of the “facts” of this case.  Let’s hope that fairness and justice prevail for all involved.

On a speculative note, I would hate it to be true that this was a setup by her teammates.  If so, that would lower my opinion of those players involved. 

i didn't get much from the radio dialogue - i tired of the endless series of cliches and vague references to vague ness and obscurity  Seemed to be a lot of comment on very little content.

I do not believe that AS was set up by the players. I have been at every home game and i watch the players. In the home game preceding PSU, the players were all loving on each other and AS was right in the middle of it - as it has been all season.

I find CL leaving the room bc AS was in the room as implausible.  If she was in there and he didn't want her in there, why did he let her in?  If she came knocking on his door, the trouble avoidant reaction to not let her in and if she wants to talk, go find a more open area. 

And I don't the players were distracted during the PSU game.  Heck, they played 33 minutes of really good basketball before the floor caved in from under them. 

And I don't think AS was thrown off the team.  Not enough time passed between the event (whatever it was) and her removal. The procedure would have been to suspend her pending further investigation. 

1 hour ago, HUD said:

Coach seems the type to have run every thing through her boss before dismissing any one from the team or suspending an assistant coach.

Would guess it's required.... mandatory to run it first.....with whoever is your boss....  immediately above you, up the organizational chart.  Hiring and/or firing....player issues, whatever.

if the AD wants to fire someone...he discusses it first with his boss....etc.   Otherwise it could be chaos.

Sorry for all the diatribe...have been in that kind of work...contracts....

5 hours ago, hoop_head said:

What in heaven's name is a player calling a radio guy from the road for? That is the weirdest development of all.

Old school radio guy...stop stepping on your partner when it's his turn to speak. That was a painful segment to listen to and if that's the norm, yuck. 

Pearson has a mentoring/coaching background in addition to the radio stuff so he's the sort of person that if you know him and you're going through something, you can reach out and he's going to talk you through it.  It so happens that AS has a weekly radio show with him.  Pearson as someone who isn't your team or your parents is certainly someone you'd call.