Nebraska (7-19) vs Northwestern (12-12)( +/-1) game thread

cipsucks

Just now, hskr4life said:

Down 17 to NW.  at least it ain’t 25?  I guess?

At least we have recruits coming in next year to right this ship?  So I’ve been told?  At least 3 consecutive years in last place is better than not enough years in 4th place right?

Good heavens.

Tbf, I do like some of the kids coming in. Until Fred and co solve the PG issue, the team won't get better. The whole room needs a reset. Even then, who knows. 

2 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Tbf, I do like some of the kids coming in. Until Fred and co solve the PG issue, the team won't get better. The whole room needs a reset. Even then, who knows. 

It’s just hard to imagine that our sole problem is on recruited talent alone.  Do the guys coming in make us 10 wins better?  If so, that’s still only 17 wins.

I understand that we're historically and utterly bad. But man...can we not appreciate at least one or two stats that are actually a positive on the season?

Verge: #27 in APG. "What about turnovers per game? What about stand around and dribbles per game?"

Bryce: #2 P6 freshman PPG, just got the freshman scoring record in Nebraska basketball history in 5 fewer games. "But in how many games? What about shot attempts?"

Just now, hskr4life said:

It’s just hard to imagine that our sole problem is on recruited talent alone.  Do the guys coming in make us 10 wins better?  If so, that’s still only 17 wins.

I see a massive guard issue. They either play out of control, can't pass, won't pass, or can't hit a layup. Not a recruited talent issue at this moment.

Kobe and Trey have both taken steps back from last year and verge is about as hot and cold as it gets. That's what my point is really. PG play is bad and it needs fixed.  There's no PGS coming in at this moment though, so who knows

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

I understand that we're historically and utterly bad. But man...can we not appreciate at least one or two stats that are actually a positive on the season?

Verge: #27 in APG. "What about turnovers per game? What about stand around and dribbles per game?"

Bryce: #2 P6 freshman PPG, just got the freshman scoring record in Nebraska basketball history in 5 fewer games. "But in how many games? What about shot attempts?"

I appreciate you preaching the good things lol. 

Just now, HuskerFever said:

No.

I can't.   

I can't even understand if your post was sarcastic.  

30 years of "I feel good about this year" and I'm finally broken.