Nebraska (7-19) vs Northwestern (12-12)( +/-1) game thread

cipsucks

Questions abound with this program. Does any coach on the staff give two shits how the team performs? Do any players care about Nebraska fans who have given their hearts and souls for decades hoping that someday this program would make them proud?  Doubtful.  I don't think any of them want to be asked....

31 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

Questions abound with this program. Does any coach on the staff give two shits how the team performs? Do any players care about Nebraska fans who have given their hearts and souls for decades hoping that someday this program would make them proud?  Doubtful.  I don't think any of them want to be asked....

Bryce just got asked that in the postgame and said he doesn’t  pay any attention to the crowd. 

Edited by HB

1 hour ago, Huskerpapa said:

Possibly, but it may also relate to some defensive issues (but that is the whole team) and the fact he cannot find a way to launch his shot against Big Ten talent.

Keon on the other hand...

it seems like Fred gets so mad at Bryce for launching 30 foot threes that he benches Tominaga for the rest of the game

Just for giggles, I went back to when Husker basketball seemed fun. 1996-97 season. I randomly picked it, so stay off my ass.  I went back from that season, and checked every time they played on 2-22.  They won in 97 over ISU, 95 @ Missouri, 92 @ ISU, 89 Colorado and 84 @ Okie State.  I got lazy and didn't go back any farther. NU never lost on that date through those years.

My point is, history gives the Huskers a win tonight.  I think it's fitting, and extremely sad, the Huskers get their 2nd conference victory on 2/22/22 on a Twosday.  They win going away.