uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 26 - vs. Maryland

uneblinstu

37 minutes ago, HB said:

Watch our warmups.   Been going on all year.   This program is diseased.  

There’s that, but I’m referring to the 2nd half when we got up BIG & started hot dogging it like we’re the Globe Trotters. It’s too bad there’s not a “play OUT” game for the B1G Tournament…

14 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

It appears the dude pushed Bryce rather than swing at him.  That is my assumption.   I questioned why no free throws as well because the original foul appeared to be on the shot, not the drive.

Overall I thought it was poorly officiated.  For the life of me I will never understand ticky tack fouls on the perimeter while a big can bang into the defender with all his force and not be called for a foul.

Robbie Hummel was told by the official that the shove occurred after the play had stopped. Apparently for this type of dead ball infraction, the player is assessed a flagrant 1, thus no ejection.

Edited by hugh42

3 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Robbie Hummel was told by the official that the shove occurred after the play had stopped. Apparently for this type of dead ball infraction, the player is assessed a flagrant 1, thus no ejection.

Robbie Hummel also got mad that Indiana wasn't in the conversation when there was a debate about whether Nebraska or Iowa has better corn.

This is the state of where this program is now; commentators have nothing more to talk about.

7 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Robbie Hummel also got mad that Indiana wasn't in the conversation when there was a debate about whether Nebraska or Iowa has better corn.

This is the state of where this program is now; commentators have nothing more to talk about.

Agreed. Who's working on the combined laughing/crying emoji? That is all fans that still care can do at this point.

Edited by hugh42

I think we lost the game at the end of the first half when the game was tied 40-40 and we got a fast break opportunity with numbers, but Kobe Webster tried to get cute, got the ball stripped, and Maryland tossed the ball to Fats Russell all by himself underneath our basket for an easy layup. That was a 4 point swing. Instead of going into the break up 2, we went into the break down 2, with our sails deflated. And, probably as a result, we then came out flat the first 5 minutes of the second half and it was game over.

3 hours ago, hugh42 said:

Hogwash, those refs knew what the right thing to do was. That dude was inciting the situation; that is within the referee's discretion to throw him out.

Edited by AuroranHusker

5 hours ago, rlgyank said:

It was not a 1 and 1 situation on the McGowens foul and the subsequent technical. The original foul was the 6th of the half, and the technical was the 7th. So you shoot the 2 technical free throws is all. From then on Nebraska was in the bonus.

Appreciate the clarification; I was too PO'd to notice that at the ballgame. 😉

8 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Hogwash, those refs knew what the right thing to do was. That dude was inciting the situation; that is within the referee's discretion to throw him out.

Just reporting what was said during the TV broadcast. FWIW, Reese was complaining that Bryce had a hold of his leg when he was falling to the floor. The replay confirmed this. Did it warrant the shove? No, but the actions of both players may have come into play as to why the refs decided to go with the flagrant 1.

5 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

Just reporting what was said during the TV broadcast. FWIW, Reese was complaining that Bryce had a hold of his leg when he was falling to the floor. The replay confirmed this. Did it warrant the shove? No, but the actions of both players may have come into play as to why the refs decided to go with the flagrant 1.

Thanks, @hugh42; I was too PO'd to notice all that. Appreciate the follow up.

If one thing that should've been obvious was made extremely apparent last night, the PG position needs a COMPLETE overhaul. All 3 PGs and Bryce had at least 2 turnovers, and every player had at least 1 unforced turnover (Bryce's pass to Fred or Kobe and Trey trying to drive on 2 on 4 fast breaks for example). 

Kinda getting our hand forced there will Verge and Kobe leaving, but it's the most important position in basketball (imo) and they haven't had any consistency there in 3 years. Needs to be addressed. Doesn't matter who's here, that position needs fixing bad

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

If one thing that should've been obvious was made extremely apparent last night, the PG position needs a COMPLETE overhaul. All 3 PGs and Bryce had at least 2 turnovers, and every player had at least 1 unforced turnover (Bryce's pass to Fred or Kobe and Trey trying to drive on 2 on 4 fast breaks for example). 

Kinda getting our hand forced there will Verge and Kobe leaving, but it's the most important position in basketball (imo) and they haven't had any consistency there in 3 years. Needs to be addressed. Doesn't matter who's here, that position needs fixing bad

Nailed it.

12 hours ago, rlgyank said:

It was not a 1 and 1 situation on the McGowens foul and the subsequent technical. The original foul was the 6th of the half, and the technical was the 7th. So you shoot the 2 technical free throws is all. From then on Nebraska was in the bonus.

I didn't take the technical into account as counting as a team foul in the moment. I saw the 7 Maryland team fouls and thought there should be at least a 1 and 1 along with 2 technical free throws. 

On 2/19/2022 at 8:56 AM, rlgyank said:

Yes, it wasnt 1&1 yet, but that was a shooting foul, or at least should have been

1 hour ago, Faux Mike Peltz said:

I watched the warmups. They were goofing off and doing dunks of a high bounce. I am convinced CJ Wilcher can not dunk. He tried and couldn’t quite do it. Tominaga had a couple of very nice reverse dunks. Productive warmups 

Haha, those final two words sure made me smirk. 😉

Sheesh Louise, those NU dudes are so clueless on the court in pregame warmups doing 360's or whatever the crap they think they're doin'. What a big joke.

From what I could see, only Lat and maybe 1 other dude would actually take jumpers that would occur during a ballgame. Fred & Co.: what a hot freakin' mess.

Edited by AuroranHusker

This is where I claim this entire team has a low basketball IQ.

I guess the coaches intent is to let these guys go out and have fun, show off a bit, get the crowd into it a bit and calm nerves before we go out and get stonewalled in the game.  

I will NEVER understand  stretching or other "warmups" and then waiting for ten minutes of songs and introductions then go out without passion and play...it simply baffles me.

Most Nebraska fans want something that seems fairly elementary.  Go out each fu@#ing game and play hard, play smart and play at your potential.  This team with all due respect does not play hard most of the time.  They certainly do not play smart most of the time; and if they are playing to their potential, then all the recruiting hype and feel good poop that has been provided to Husker fans was a wagon full of manure.

Ah, that makes feel better.

Edited by Huskerpapa

3 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I guess is the thought is let these guys go out and have fun, show off a bit, get the crowd into it a bit and calm nerves before we go out and get stonewalled in the game.  

I will NEVER understand doing and stretching or warmups and then waiting for ten minutes of songs and introductions then go our without passion and play...it simply baffles me.

Most Nebraska fans want something that seems fairly elementary.  Go out each fu@#ing game and play hard, play smart and play at your potential.  This team with all due respect does not play hard most of the time.  They certainly do not play smart most of the time; and if they are playing to their potential, then all the recruiting hype and feel good poop that has been provided to Husker fans was a wagon full of manure.

Yep, it's definitely crappy.

9 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I guess the coaches intent is to let these guys go out and have fun, show off a bit, get the crowd into it a bit and calm nerves before we go out and get stonewalled in the game.  

I will NEVER understand  stretching or other "warmups" and then waiting for ten minutes of songs and introductions then go out without passion and play...it simply baffles me.

Ah, that makes feel better.

FTFY