Nebraskas next coach is...

cornfed24-7

The threshold has been reached for me. I don't pay attention to much in college basketball outside my Huskers. And we could be hashing out why/what/who/how this thing went off the rails for a while. I now believe there is a chance Hoiberg is not the coach next year. I honestly would like to know who you all think of current coaches we have a chance to get? Who you'd like? Or Who would we actually end up with as our next coach? Just looking to discuss a different topic instead of our current situation. Maybe once we get a consensus of names Norm could do another poll 😀

4 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Call me in either 2 years or when Alberts and Hoiberg restructure the contract. In the meantime, it's a fruitless exercise that'll drive you crazier.

Nah. Gives me hope in this hopeless situation. Like I said I know little outside of the Huskers in college basketball.

I have started my Google search on Craig Smith because I see his name on here from time to time and obviously the past between us and him. 

Next I am going to Google "Mid Major College Basketball Coach buyouts" because I don't think "Hot Mid Major College Basketball Coach" is going to get me the query I want.

Then I'm going to do the same for assistant coaches. 

Finally I think the craziest thing is you believe this will be allowed to continue for 2 years if a contract renegotion doesn't materialize.

19 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Nah. Gives me hope in this hopeless situation. Like I said I know little outside of the Huskers in college basketball.

I have started my Google search on Craig Smith because I see his name on here from time to time and obviously the past between us and him. 

Next I am going to Google "Mid Major College Basketball Coach buyouts" because I don't think "Hot Mid Major College Basketball Coach" is going to get me the query I want.

Then I'm going to do the same for assistant coaches. 

Finally I think the craziest thing is you believe this will be allowed to continue for 2 years if a contract renegotion doesn't materialize.

Why would Craig Smith leave Utah??

4 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Why would Craig Smith leave Utah??

Not saying he would. I'm just compling names and He's who I started with 🙂

To add it looks like after reading the 2nd article I posted I assume he may be cost prohibitive even if he wanted to come here and even if we wanted him.

Edited by cornfed24-7

15 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

So Smith is 1-10 in the Pac12 this year.  I guess he forgot how to coach too! 

Okay I’ll play…

we will get somebody that we have never really heard of…

he will have half of the fan base excited and the other half mad…

he will win early on with the guys we have…

then will start to loose and we will back on here with new ideas about a coach…

hasn’t this happened like that last 5 coaches we have had?

2 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Just came across a name I did not expect to see. Seeing him on a few lists of "Midmajor Coaches About to make a Big Jump" List basically naming 8 - 10 midmajor coaches about to jump to a Power5 conference. Anyhoo, how do we feel about Rick Pitino 😬?

Do you want the 15 second version?

16 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Seing this name on a bunch of lists too. Believe he's been mentioned on here too.

DENNIS GATES

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Gates

I mentioned Dennis Gates in another thread. If I were Trev and knew I was moving on, I’d already have Armon working on him. 

Edited by The Polish Rifle

35 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Turgeon?

Anthony Grant?

So far I think I like this Grant gentleman the best out of the choices I have listed.

Makes 1.6M a year. 55 y.o. African American. Coached in P5. Got fired. Rose from the ashes. I like it.

Edited by cornfed24-7