2022 Football

Bugeaters1

43 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Former 5* OL entered portal— was at Wisconsin.  Maybe we can pick him up if he wants to stay in Big 10

I am trying to picture being a top college recruit trying to pick a school that can make or break my future.  Right now...is Nebraska that school?  I just don't know.

Is program stability necessary?  Is knowing who the head coach and assistants important?  What will be the offensive and defensive schemes?  What will be the overall program philosophy and character? 

Those questions aside, Nebraska can show the top facilities in the country.   Fan base is at or near the top.  Players graduate, they have scholastic support.  We have a fairly good community. NIL money flows like the nearby Missouri River...and not like the nearly empty Platte River.

Lot's of pluses, but can they offset those negatives at this point.  

On 10/8/2022 at 11:57 AM, Bugeaters1 said:

I know it's early, but do you guys think that Mickey is the guy. Or will the Huskers have someone else as the HC?

If you would have asked me when Frost was fired, no.  Now, I am getting very intrigued.  We went toe to toe with the favorites in the West.  Get a few breaks, maybe a hold on 15 for Purdue on 4th and 1, we legitimately have a chance to win.

Even Frost can win 3 conference games a year. Unless he's the star recruiter and the missing piece to build accountability and a winning culture, it's likely an outside candidate will come in to take the reigns.

We've gone through many different experiments over the last decade or so, there's not much room to budge this time around.

• 2 weeks later...

...in addition, we may have the worse offensive line in the past 60 years at Nebraska.

The coaching staff decided to withdraw blackshirts this season, but they should also remove the use of the term "pipeline" when referencing this line.  They are an abomination. I truly believe that there isn't one offensive lineman that could start for another team in our league.  That IS NOT an exaggeration.