2022-23 roster

kldm64

42 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

I know I'm not supposed to get excited until these guys get here and put on a Husker uniform and actually do something against B1G competition, but damn it...despite the current state of our program under Fred, I want to see these guys playing together next season.

Of course there are no guarantees until they suit up and actually perform in college, but the class looks solid and I am way more excited about this 2022 class than I was about the current 2021 class.  In fact, I noted my concerns about the 2021 class in February of last year.

So why not allow Fred to get all these guys on campus and see what he can do with the them?  Will a class of freshmen immediately take us the NCAA?  Probably not.  But if they are talented and show real promise under Fred's system, it will result in more wins and it will be apparent Fred is now going in the right direction.

If they look talented but not thriving under Fred's system, you can fire Fred and hopefully retain some/all of them for the future coach.  At least the cupboard won't be bare.  And let's be real, if Trev fires Fred after this year, most of these recruits will probably jump ship and then does anyone believe next year will a good year under that new coach.  So if next year is almost certainly going to be a rebuilding year (whether Fred or new coach), why not bring in these highly rated recruits and roll the dice with the talented recruits rather than watching the new coach try to turn over the entire roster like Fred had to do in his first year.

2 minutes ago, PointGuard said:

When I see a (4*) power forward who is at least 6-9 who can actually drive, shoot and REBOUND, then I will get a little bit excited.  Right now there 4 teams in the big ten that are just reloading and we are still trying to compete with big 10 average talent upgrades (3*s).  Look at the other big ten teams and see who they recruit. We' are not that much better.  

I agree.  No doubt Fred needs to get a point guard and hopefully another power forward.  But honest question, does Wilhelm meet these criteria for you? 

On 2/8/2022 at 2:29 PM, PointGuard said:

He can shoot.  He was only a freshman last year and he needs to gain some weight to compete on the boards.  Seems like other big 10 teams have more than one "big" at that position.

This is where I'm torn yes he needs to gain some weight but my biggest concern is he looks heavy on his feet.