RUTGERS GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (15-4, 4-4 Big Ten)
vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (7-15, 0-10 Big Ten)
Tuesday, Feb. 1, 2022, 7 p.m. (CT)
Pinnacle Bank Arena - Lincoln, Nebraska
Tickets: 
Huskers.com / 1-800-8-BIG-RED
Special Event: Rising Coaches DEI Alliance Equality & Inclusion Night
Live TV/Video: Nebraska Public Media/B1G+
Larry Punteney (PBP), Jami Hagedorn (Analyst)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (6:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (CD 105.9 FM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

On paper.. again... it looks like a doable game...at home...good for 10 extra points.

But we have had some unpredictable games with Rutgers.  They are kind of helter skelter and undisciplined.  Have a couple of good players, not great size, but do have some leaping ability and quickness.  They've had good games at times, when we play them.

As usual, we must be real focused and our heads on straight. We've been pretty good at that this year. Don't recall a game where we looked tired or distracted. Been a strength really.

Need another win on our way to the 20 win threshold and the NCAA's. ......We're 15-4 right now.  Wouldn't have predicted that last fall.

Edited by redsteve

Every game I see us getting better and better, and everyone on the team seems to be on the mend now (with the lay-off, but that means more games closer together; Please Stay Healthy everyone!!!  🙏🏼

We seem to be able to play much more 'physical' ball;  and are learning better how to do it without drawing so many fouls.  The pressure Purdue put on us at the end of the game should be good experience for us; and is better than trying to duplicate it in practices.

I agree with Red Don.   Inexperienced lack defensive consistency.  We are starting to gel more as a team in that regard.  I think the time off helped quite a bit. When comparing the performance to the stated game plan it lined up.  I thought effort great on Mich. and IU and lousy against Iowa.  FYI Indiana is just a better team right now.  The game plan and performance have lined up 2 games in a row.  I did not think we looked great, but everyone is on the same page.  Keep on the plan consistent great will come.

Rutgers quickness is driving us crazy. Really has us off key. And we're getting fouled a bunch.

All the subbing is keeping us pretty unsettled, but understand why we're trying to keep people fresh for next game..

Our shooting is out to lunch some where else.

Edited by redsteve