2022 Transfer Portal

thrasher31

5 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

That’s who he mentioned on the radio this morning. 

Fit over flash. Hopefully all the pieces fit together better this year. 

Yeah 3 and D guy. I do like that they're getting high motor guy that loves to play defense. "Relentless effort" on defense is nice to see. At the very least, a reasonable substitute for Trey. 

This is a very very good get imo.  He’s a dog.  Good 3pt shooter and over 82% from the line would be a welcome sight.  He has handles too and should be able to help initiate the offense.  

Our defense should be night and day with the additions of Griesel, Lloyd, Keita, Gary, and now EB.

We have a much better roster than last season.  I’m not sure how that translates to wins, but this team would out work last year’s team and should also have no problem sharing the ball.  I’m just barely on the side of optimistic now, but it sure looks like a hell of a class.  

9 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

I like this new approach don't get me wrong. I guess the question is who's going to put the ball in the hoop?

Fred biggest strength is finding a way to get he ball in the hoop, especially with unselfish players.  So in some ways, I would suggest that he is the answer.  

9 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

I like this new approach don't get me wrong. I guess the question is who's going to put the ball in the hoop?

We’ll have three guys who averaged double figures in D1 last season (counting Walker at 9.5).  Almost every game Gary played over 20min for Bama he scored over 10pts.  Keita should effectively score (good feet) in the post as the #1 juco center.  I think Lloyd will add a little bit of offense as well.  

31 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

I'm with you on some of your points, but this is a stretch. 

Some of it depends on which roster you considering for last year--the one where all the players were healthy and playing, or the one where Wilhelm was out almost all of the year and Trey was out (and then still getting his feet under him) over half the season.

13 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I don't think it is.

We may not have the proven scorer from a P5 school (Verge) or the 5* (Bryce) coming in...but top to bottom it is older and better.   

Older yes. Better remains to be seen. But when 11 wins is the bar that is "better" it doesn't really mean much.

1 hour ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Older yes. Better remains to be seen. But when 11 wins is the bar that is "better" it doesn't really mean much.

I think it's better.

Tominaga, Wilcher, Walker, McPherson, Oleg, Wilhelm are all older.  That will make them better.  How much so...up for debate.

Gray > Lat

SMU > Trey

Griesel = Verge   (Griesel is better in some areas, Verge better in others)

Lloyd < Bryce

Keita > Andre

Lawrence < Webster

Dawson > Edwards (Admittedly unkown...but it's hard to be worse)

30 minutes ago, nustudent said:

I think it's better.

Tominaga, Wilcher, Walker, McPherson, Oleg, Wilhelm are all older.  That will make them better.  How much so...up for debate.

Gray > Lat

SMU > Trey

Lloyd < Bryce

Keita > Andre

Lawrence < Webster

I don’t see Bandoumel > Trey.   I would rather have Trey return honestly.   Also Verge>Griesel.   Griesel is good but need to see what he can do against higher competition 

10 minutes ago, Milk said:

I don’t see Bandoumel > Trey.   I would rather have Trey return honestly.   Also Verge>Griesel.   Griesel is good but need to see what he can do against higher competition 

I’ve seen enough brain dead plays by Trey to make me feel just fine about a guy who scored more points per game on a better team. 

and at the very least him at full speed for a year is an improvement over what we got from Trey last year.  

Edited by nustudent

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

I think it's better.

Gray > Lat

SMU > Trey

Lloyd < Bryce

Keita > Andre

Lawrence < Webster

I agree, but the bar to clear to be "better" is ridulously low.

4 hours ago, nustudent said:

I think it's better.

Gray > Lat

SMU > Trey

Lloyd < Bryce

Keita > Andre

Lawrence < Webster

Agree with this, though I think Lloyd's +- will be interesting in comparison to Bryce's production.  Lloyd will arrive and be a defensive strength immediately.  Bryce was a defensive liability until about 2 weeks left in the season.  I think Lawrence will be better than Webster by the end of the season, but he'll have to man up defensively.  He and Lloyd are both rated #25 at their position.  Lawrence can really shoot it and has 3-4" over Webster.  

6 hours ago, OmahaHusker said:

I'm with you on some of your points, but this is a stretch. 

Last year was the worst defensive team I have ever seen play basketball at Nebraska.

This upcoming season, it sure looks like we have a chance to play some real defense.  If so, that alone will make us a much better team, because our offense sucked almost as much last year, and cannot possibly get worse.