2022 Transfer Portal

thrasher31

On 4/7/2022 at 10:52 PM, royalfan said:

So this would mean my theoretical pipe dream of Baylor Scheierman transferring here gets more complicated I presume?  He would have to have enough feedback by May 1 to know the draft is not for him and enter portal and have a destination by May1.   I did not take his message when he declared to mean he would be back at SD St. if he did not go pro.  Anyone know when the bulk of the NBA feedback typically happens?  

This is as must get as a must get ever gets.  Have probably watched over 100 of his football and basketball games.  He has the it factor that cannot be taught.  He is the best player on the court or field at all times is his mind set.  

Mind blowing passer, elite 3 point range,  elite rebounder.  Having this skill set in a tall body makes it incredibly hard to game plan for as you cannot replicate his skill set in practice.  His foot speed is the biggest flaw.  He is still able to defend quicker players by having elite basketball smarts.  Knows exactly how much room to give while still being able to contest the shot with his length.  

His preferred game is not really banging down low as a small ball 4 but can certainly do it in stretches.  

He had never been on a bad team in his life and I expect it to be no different if we could get him here.  

Still pulling for him to land that NBA gig if he thinks time is right.  If needs place to showcase at a higher level, Nebraska a natural elite fit.  Family very important to him for starters.  Hour from Aurora for his parents and younger brother to watch him play.  

Edited by royalfan

3 hours ago, royalfan said:

This is as must get as a must get ever gets.  Have probably watched over 100 of his football and basketball games.  He has the it factor that cannot be taught.  He is the best player on the court or field at all times is his mind set.  

Mind blowing passer, elite 3 point range,  elite rebounder.  Having this skill set in a tall body makes it incredibly hard to game plan for as you cannot replicate his skill set in practice.  His foot speed is the biggest flaw.  He is still able to defend quicker players by having elite basketball smarts.  Knows exactly how much room to give while still being able to contest the shot with his length.  

His preferred game is not really banging down low as a small ball 4 but can certainly do it in stretches.  

He had never been on a bad team in his life and I expect it to be no different if we could get him here.  

Still pulling for him to land that NBA gig if he thinks time is right.  If needs place to showcase at a higher level, Nebraska a natural elite fit.  Family very important to him for starters.  Hour from Aurora for his parents and younger brother to watch him play.  

Yep. Leading up to the NCAA tournament, the talking heads were calling him the best rebounding guard in college basketball. The TNT guys were calling him Chris Mullin, due to his elite shooting ability. Has NBA range both off the dribble and off the pass. Vision and passing reminds me of D'Angelo Russell at Ohio State. Smart, selfless player with a low turnover rate. Skill-wise, there are no flaws in his offensive game. 

6 hours ago, royalfan said:

Sounds like you are describing Larry Bird

2 hours ago, busticket said:

Sounds like you are describing Larry Bird

Has a lot of those types of quality.  The only thing Baylor might do better is pass.  Bird was so amazing it is hard to compare him to anyone, but there are certainly some similarities in that both are so much more skilled than they are athletic and very smart.  

this is going to be a very tough get after researching it further.  Per the athletic he 

1. Wants to play for a winner 

2. wants big stage

3. Wants someone to coach him hard and develop him for the NBA

4. Wants to play with other really good players because that unlocks him

5. Wants to showcase versatility

6.  Wants to go somewhere where the will let Him be Baylor 

Kentucky Duke Arizona Gonzaga Kansas UCLA Florida Baylor Texas Memphis Alabama Louisville Michigan St. among those already hot in pursuit. 

Kentucky going after him full force and he seems to have interest.  Final ten Wednesday it sounds like.  This leads me to believe he is probably realizing he will be playing in college next season.  

8 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Scheierman is a very good player and it would be great if he ends up a Husker, but let's not compare him to Larry Bird.  Bird is as good as anyone who has ever played the game.  Don't think Scheierman is on that level.

You can certainly compare skill sets of lower level to the greatest players if all time without actually suggesting they are anywhere near that caliber if player.  I don’t think anyone is suggesting he is as good as Larry Bird was.   That would obviously be absurd. 

Umoja Gibson from Oklahoma in the portal.

https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/ou/reports-sooners-suffer-blow-as-leading-scorer-umoja-gibson-enters-transfer-portal/article_00f1aa56-c676-11ec-964d-8f1acbe7e330.html

Rather than winding down to the end, this seems to be picking up. Maybe everybody taking stock of the Miami deal for Nijel Pack? I'll be happy when May 1 arrives, this weekend could be wackadoodle.

27 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I wonder if the process now includes something for the players already on the roster. How do you roll out a wheelbarrow of money for the new guy and not take care of the ones already there? (see Miami)

I wonder about this as well and the friction it might cause. If we dish out $250k for Baylor and someone like CJ performs better than him, does he then demands $250k+ next year? He definitely should. 

16 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

I wonder about this as well and the friction it might cause. If we dish out $250k for Baylor and someone like CJ performs better than him, does he then demands $250k+ next year? He definitely should. 

This exact thing makes me wonder about kids who enter the portal but then return to their school.  We’re they looking for better playing options and nobody wanted them, or were they looking for NIL deals and got one to stay home?

43 minutes ago, JBARGIE said:

You’re low on Baylor.  But I appreciate the concept.  Gonna be a locker room mess in general.  

7 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

Where did you see that at?

I didn’t see it anywhere.  There is a lot going on with the collectives in this state.  Fast and furious right now.  Special efforts going on just for basketball; recent meetings in Lincoln and Grand Island.  The usual suspects getting asked to participate.  Not hard to find stuff out depending on who you know.  

Edited by HB