2022 Transfer Portal

thrasher31

Just based off portal tweets, we don’t seem to be going after nearly as many players as the previous years. I know we only have 1-2 spots available but I’m curious if Hoiberg and staff are going to be more singular with their recruiting rather than casting a wide net like Coach Matt seemed to do.  I don’t mind it except when we have all of our eggs in the Reeves basket and he picks another school.  This wing/slasher/scorer hole that Bryce is leaving is a BIG spot to fill so hopefully they have a few contingency plans in place.

1 hour ago, JBARGIE said:

Just based off portal tweets, we don’t seem to be going after nearly as many players as the previous years. I know we only have 1-2 spots available but I’m curious if Hoiberg and staff are going to be more singular with their recruiting rather than casting a wide net like Coach Matt seemed to do.  I don’t mind it except when we have all of our eggs in the Reeves basket and he picks another school.  This wing/slasher/scorer hole that Bryce is leaving is a BIG spot to fill so hopefully they have a few contingency plans in place.

I think it just comes down to not having as many needs.  

we have one, maybe two openings at this point.   In past years it was 3/4/5

4 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Actually, as of this moment, we have zero openings. 

The fact that we had one potential transfer candidate on campus this past weekend MAY or may not be telling.

I’m not sure how you sell a highly coveted recruit on coming in for their first visit if you don’t for sure have a spot opening up. Unless Antionio is a big fan of glorified football practices! 

1 hour ago, JBARGIE said:

I’m not sure how you sell a highly coveted recruit on coming in for their first visit if you don’t for sure have a spot opening up. Unless Antionio is a big fan of glorified football practices! 

Nebraska's the San Diego of the Big Ten. Maybe he just wanted to come chill in some good weather