2022 Transfer Portal

thrasher31

1 minute ago, Panther07 said:

A few transfers that Adam Howard is following:

Stanford transfer Jaiden Delaire (6'8" SF)

Illinois St transfer Antonio Reeves (6'5" SF)

Colorado St transfer Dischon Thomas (6'9" PF)

Reeves is the top target on the staff, so that makes sense.

Thomas is a bit intriguing because he can play the 4 or 5 and has the ability to shoot. I think I'd want to shoot higher than him though personally. 

Delaire I have no clue what to think about honestly. On paper he looks like a fit, but I don't know if I'm a fan. Also didn't subject myself to any PAC 12 basketball this year, so that plays a factor. 

1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Sure seems pretty quiet overall in the transfer portal as it relates to Nebraska...  Disappointing but I guess we are limited in schollys right at the moment.  Just feel like we need to upgrade some talent.

Not disappointing to me even slightly.  I think the thing we've been missing the most...for years and years...going back to probably the Doc era is roster stability.  You just can't flip the roster every year and expect things to go great.

I like this kid and hope we look his way. He has 3 years of starting experience at a HM level with a tourney appearance in 20-21. Can also shoot as he is at 39% from 3 the last 2 years. And, might be nothing or something, but Armon Gates is following him. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/al-amir-dawes-1.html

Edited by thrasher31

2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Sure seems pretty quiet overall in the transfer portal as it relates to Nebraska...  Disappointing but I guess we are limited in schollys right at the moment.  Just feel like we need to upgrade some talent.

It's strange for sure. Especially because everyone is 95% sold Lat is gone. Maybe they're waiting for it to officially happen to pursue a stretch 4? Other layer to me that's interesting is all the players we've contacted have been off guards. 

19 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Wow. Can’t say I expected him to have legit interest in coming here. 

Two factors:

1. Major playing time in the Big Ten, virtually all of Bryce's minutes

2. He's a junior coming for just one year, so he doesn't care if the staff is fired at the end of next season.

6 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

It was assumed based on the Chicago background. But Howard may have been the driving force. Don't understand it either, but it's what's being said

Let's hope Howard can pull it off. He looks to me like a guy who could be a valuable player at some of the blue bloods that are after him, let alone at Nebraska.