PURDUE GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

11 hours ago, HUD said:

That still doesn't answer my question as to why Allison wasn't in there when Purdue was pressing successfully in the fourth qtr and we couldn't get the ball down the court.  She was sitting on the bench for a long time during this.  Again she only played 7 minutes the whole 2nd half.

That does look like a situation, Allison could have helped.   I was having flashbacks to early Amy teams that couldn't handle full court pressure, or in some cases, even inbound a pass against pressure.  We're getting better. 

IMHO Weidner gained a lot from the start of the Iowa game when Jaz was out due to covid. Yes she will not be starting baring some type of injury to Jaz but we should look at replacing a starter when they are not performing to the level they could be. Issie coming off the bench is partly due to her play and the play of Markowski. Issie looked better yesterday so maybe taking a little pressure off her will help. Allison should have had more time in the second half. She is good on defense mostly and may have helped with the four quarter when it got interesting. I think we lost some of what was working and it could have gotten real interesting. We need to ride our players when they are in a groove a little more. Amy sometimes is a little too quick to pull them or a little too slow to go back to them. 

23 hours ago, Fastbreaker said:

Weidner starting over Jaz, Ashley or Sam. Not gonna happen.

Agree, but it is not because Weidner is not better all around than Ashley. Better playmaker, defender, and passer by a lot. But for Amy, Scoggin is a better fit to play with Sam and Jazz. Ashley is a good 3 pt shooter overall, and deadly when her feet are set. This is huge in Amy's eyes, and the way the game is played today.

7 minutes ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i see the huskers received 8 votes in the latest AP Poll. puts them at 31. 

just thought i would pass that along. really doesn't matter to me---i just want them to get into the NCAA Tourney!

Second!!!   I really don't pay attention, or care at this point in time.  Just keep playing 'em one game at a time , winning, and having fun together doing it!

3 hours ago, All About the Corn said:

Scoggin is currently a 44% 3 point shooter. Good for third in the conference currently. She is behind Mikesell of OSU at just short of 48.5% and Nolan of Michigan at almost 48%. She is there for her spot up threes which can be a dagger in today's game. 

All i'm saying is we had a good lead in the 4th qtr and Purdue as a lot of other teams will do in that situation gets very physical with their full court press as they have nothing to lose.  Ashley is not good in those situations as you need good ball handlers and we weren't going to take threes at that point but just get the ball down the court using up some time and get the ball inside or get fouled and make free throws. I can understand that coach likes to bring Allison off the bench to run point for Jaz or Sam which I can live with.  But there are other critical times she should be in there.