uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 21 - vs. Rutgers

HuskerFever

Just now, Busch Light said:

Pain. So much pain. 

I don't feel anymore.

As loyal and dedicated as I am to this team, my first reaction to CJ's first missed free throw was an audible laugh. Like "of course!"

There's no "this team just needs to learn how to win" anymore. This is a "change your philosophy or change your players to fit your philosophy" thing.

I know it maybe just me.  We had the lead the whole game until 1:30 left.  I never felt we were going to win the game.  I'm sure the team felt the same way.  It was much like watching the Iowa football game.  How are we going to lose this one?  Well, that's how.  An offensive rebound and put back.  Then, we turn it over.  We have a chance to tie it with 1 second left.  Just need to hit 3 free throws.  Guess what, the pressure is too much for this team.  I bet Webster is practicing free throws.  Just like Lat after the Ohio State game.  It's a little too late.

Team played together and about as good as I could've asked. Thought Walker could get more touches, but I thought Rutgers bigs did a good job containing that. Bryce had it going and forced Rutgers to play him really tight, which led to FTs. 

Game once again was lost off second chance points. Rutgers had 20+ and we obviously didn't match that. Ongoing theme. 

Andres defense was good tonight, and played tough. But, he fumbled about 1 or 2 passes that the guards passed to him. 

Kobe had a rough night shooting. His energy was infectious though. His shot just want falling. 

I'm numb to all this at this point. Schedule gets easier moving forward, but they NEED to capitalize. 

It’s just become expected at this point. With a few minutes left in the game I said “we will find a way to give it to Rutgers, prove me wrong”

We have some systemic issues that simply won’t lend to a winning season. 

Serious Question. Who can jump higher.

A) Teddy Allen

B) Joe McCray

C) CJ Wilcher

D) A-B, definitely not C

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

I know it maybe just me.  We had the lead the whole game until 1:30 left.  I never felt we were going to win the game.  I'm sure the team felt the same way.  It was much like watching the Iowa football game.  How are we going to lose this one?  Well, that's how.  An offensive rebound and put back.  Then, we turn it over.  We have a chance to tie it with 1 second left.  Just need to hit 3 free throws.  Guess what, the pressure is too much for this team.  I bet Webster is practicing free throws.  Just like Lat after the Ohio State game.  It's a little too late.

Once Rutgers kept responding to our runs, I got nervous. We never put it away. That's an issue

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

Team played together and about as good as I could've asked. Thought Walker could get more touches, but I thought Rutgers bigs did a good job containing that. Bryce had it going and forced Rutgers to play him really tight, which led to FTs. 

Game once again was lost off second chance points. Rutgers had 20+ and we obviously didn't match that. Ongoing theme. 

Andres defense was good tonight, and played tough. But, he fumbled about 1 or 2 passes that the guards passed to him. 

Kobe had a rough night shooting. His energy was infectious though. His shot just want falling. 

I'm numb to all this at this point. Schedule gets easier moving forward, but they NEED to capitalize. 

We were + 5 on offensive rebounds.  We had 13 and Rutgers had 8.  We tied in 2nd chance points with 14.

I think the game was lost in taking care of the basketball and free throw shooting.

2 minutes ago, brfrad said:

We were + 5 on offensive rebounds.  We had 13 and Rutgers had 8.  We tied in 2nd chance points with 14.

I think the game was lost in taking care of the basketball and free throw shooting.

Why the hell does the stadium keep showing that the other team has 20+?  My fault. That's twice now I've been bamboozled

Edited by thrasher31

3 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

I see this as a teddy Allen 2.0 situation. Great individual player, but Fred's offense is maximized when his guards keep the ball moving. Obviously it's not perfect even without him, but they aren't a "fit" in his system. 

When’s the last time we had a team that fit together? Certainly not during the Hoiberg era.