uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 20 - vs. Wisconsin

HuskerFever

The game was lost when Wisconsin pushed it to 16 to start the second half. Lots of bad shots from Lat and Verge in that time span. Lat air balled layups, and no that's not an exaggeration. Verge was pulled with about 10 left and never got back in. 

I'm going Saturday, but mainly so I can hit up Longwells after. 

I got no in depth analysis other than I hate brad Davison. I love the rest of the Wisconsin team though! Johnny Davis is one of my favorite players in the big ten and I've on record for being a massive Chucky guy. Wahl plays bigger than he is and Crowl kinda impressed me. Davison ruins it all. I'm so ready to never see his face again

15 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

The game was lost when Wisconsin pushed it to 16 to start the second half. Lots of bad shots from Lat and Verge in that time span. Lat air balled layups, and no that's not an exaggeration. Verge was pulled with about 10 left and never got back in. 

I'm going Saturday, but mainly so I can hit up Longwells after. 

I got no in depth analysis other than I hate brad Davison. I love the rest of the Wisconsin team though! Johnny Davis is one of my favorite players in the big ten and I've on record for being a massive Chucky guy. Wahl plays bigger than he is and Crowl kinda impressed me. Davison ruins it all. I'm so ready to never see his face again

Minus BD, I'd love to have wisky's team for sure...maybe one day...

1 minute ago, Timforthewin said:

I honestly believe not one player on the team will step foot on campus after their time here is done. There’s 0 care, 0 pride, 0 emotion after a 7th consecutive loss. Send Quaran to the podium after the games, he’s the only ounce of care that I see on the bench.  

Maybe from a fan's perspective it looks that way, but I don't buy that at all. NU has competitors, they were competing out there.

Shoot, even Freddy was pissed today. These dudes hate losing, they are D-1 athletes.

For some reason they aren't able to get over the proverbial hump. Perhaps Saturday they will put it together to defeat Rutgers, it happened last season.

The biggest problem for NU right now is that I don't think anyone takes NU lightly, so there has seemed to be little chance for a 'sneak up' win to be found.

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Maybe from a fan's perspective it looks that way, but I don't buy that at all. NU has competitors, they were competing out there.

Shoot, even Freddy was pissed today. These dudes hate losing, they are D-1 athletes.

For some reason they aren't able to get over the proverbial hump. Perhaps Saturday they will put it together to defeat Rutgers, it happened last season.

The biggest problem for NU right now is that I don't think anyone takes NU lightly, so there has seemed to be little chance for a 'sneak up' win to be found.

I’d love to have that perspective, but it’s worn off. I’ve given the players the benefit of the doubt up until about this point, but I’ve just gotten to the boiling point. The press conference has the same answers after every single game. Maybe it’s coaches, maybe it’s players, I don’t care. They’re all on the same team and very little changes seem to be in the works to get it fixed. 

1 minute ago, thrasher31 said:

Pretty even game besides that and the 3s. Lots of them were long boards which turn into hustle plays too. 

They went 15/46 inside the arc.

We actually had a slightly better eFG% than they did.

The turnovers and FTs were pretty similar.

40 ef% on 13 shots is about 5/13 or 10 points.  We lost by 8.

7 minutes ago, Timforthewin said:

I’d love to have that perspective, but it’s worn off. I’ve given the players the benefit of the doubt up until about this point, but I’ve just gotten to the boiling point. The press conference has the same answers after every single game. Maybe it’s coaches, maybe it’s players, I don’t care. They’re all on the same team and very little changes seem to be in the works to get it fixed. 

Well, that's your opinion. I played small college intercollegiate hoops for the duration of my college career, and I know how much effort it takes out there. I respect those dudes out on the court for giving it their all. Granted it hasn't happened in every game, I was livid after the Michigan home game. Found out later NU had a ton of guys sick with the flu. Now, I understand it doesn't explain some of these crappers. I happen to give 'em the benefit of the doubt. Doesn't make me & my outlook a better fan or you & your viewpoint a worse one. We all process things differently. That's the beauty of HHC, no one is better than another. I don't post anywhere else, I used to frequent other boards but I have limited time so this is the only one I frequent. Keep the faith. Brighter days are ahead, I truly believe it (maybe not *much* in spring 2022, mind you).

Edited by AuroranHusker

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

They went 15/46 inside the arc.

We actually had a slightly better eFG% than they did.

The turnovers and FTs were pretty similar.

40 ef% on 13 shots is about 5/13 or 10 points.  We lost by 8.

Yeah. It came down to those few boards. They were bound to get boards. But 13 that led to 22(?) Second chance points?? That's a massive way to lose