Tickets

HuskerBB

38 minutes ago, HB said:

I think you over read it.   Nothing incendiary about it.  Just the current state of the virus from someone who had a massive case of it.  Nothing political about it.  I was fully vaxxed.  My kid had been vaxxed, had booster shot and already had Covid, and still got Omicron.  Was just commenting on the difference between omicron and the earlier varieties.  No axe to grind and I’m surprised about the reaction. 

Same, I had it and it was no picnic.

13 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I'll say it: Covid should never have been politicized in the first place, yet it somehow became a political deal. SMGDH...vaccines work, Covid is real. GBR

At this point you're either vaccinated or you're not by choice and time has shown that has always been the case.

It can be difficult but it's entirely possible to discuss what is in a vacuum a non-political issue in such a manner. 

9 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

At this point you're either vaccinated or you're not by choice and time has shown that has always been the case.

It can be difficult but it's entirely possible to discuss what is in a vacuum a non-political issue in such a manner. 

I agree with this 100%. Stating Healthcare professionals only care about a person's health and well being is not a political statement. Stating that facts are in fact facts is not a political statement. Stating that a person is responsible for the choices they make is not a political statement.

15 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I'll say it: Covid should never have been politicized in the first place, yet it somehow became a political deal. SMGDH...vaccines work, Covid is real. GBR

What a bizarre post. "Covid should never have been politicized. Except when I politicize it."

Can you even hear yourself? "vaccines work, Covid is real." I mean, these are tropes that have a peculiarly vitriolic, political origin, and for you to invoke those tropes while simultaneously saying Covid shouldn't have been politicized is a work of mental gymnastics that rivals anything those Russian acrobats did at halftime the other night.

Impressive. I guess.

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

All this talk about Covid and sickness… I’m sick and unable to go today.  If anyone needs two, let me know.  They’re in the 300 section, but I haven’t been up to the 300’s since before Christmas.  I just sit in the 100’s.

I think we need to stop offering our fellow posters free Nebrasketball tickets. We are just encouraging more sickness amongst us all 😂 I know I've encountered quite a few nauseous stomachs and near-ulcers this season. 

Edited by GoBigRed

22 hours ago, basketballjones said:

My co-worker had the omicron variant. He didn't get his second vaccine or subsequent booster because he didn't feel it was necessary. Those without the vaccine and many without the booster are having much more than mild symptoms. Vaccines and boosters are keeping people out of the hospital and out of the grave. I'm not sure if you have a further point or if I am reading into your intentions incorrectly, but I won't be engaging with anymore discussion on this, on this board as I try to keep this 100% away from politics/current event news. I apologize for even mentioning "I don't know how this has gotten politicized." 

I also apologize if I am reading into your post incorrectly - so you get the last word/clarification here if so. Take care, no more COVID talk for me!

Jones, this was a really perplexing response from you. Everything HB said was objectively reasonable, completely apolitical, and true. He shared an experience of having a bad case of Covid but, optimistically, that the Omicron variant is milder (this is MANIFESTLY true), easily transmissible (also manifestly true), and isn't prevented by prior vaccination, which I can personally attest to having had both the injections and Omicron. And that, therefore, it might help raise our collective immunity. How you turned that into something political is lost on me and frankly disappointing.

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

What a bizarre post. "Covid should never have been politicized. Except when I politicize it."

Can you even hear yourself? "vaccines work, Covid is real." I mean, these are tropes that have a peculiarly vitriolic, political origin, and for you to invoke those tropes while simultaneously saying Covid shouldn't have been politicized is a work of mental gymnastics that rivals anything those Russian acrobats did at halftime the other night.

Impressive. I guess.

Except that's not political, that's just science...

16 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

All this talk about Covid and sickness… I’m sick and unable to go today.  If anyone needs two, let me know.  They’re in the 300 section, but I haven’t been up to the 300’s since before Christmas.  I just sit in the 100’s.

I'm also out again for this one 

8 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Part of me wishes I had that excuse, but I guess I'll go and cheer on behalf of everyone who can't make it.

Which, by the looks of the last crowd, was all but about 3,500 people.

It was going to be super easy to bring the entire family to the game for the first time in few years so that's a bummer.

I'll be cleared by Northwestern next Saturday so we'll see if that works.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Impressive. I guess.

What 🤔

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Jones, this was a really perplexing response from you. Everything HB said was objectively reasonable, completely apolitical, and true. He shared an experience of having a bad case of Covid but, optimistically, that the Omicron variant is milder (this is MANIFESTLY true), easily transmissible (also manifestly true), and isn't prevented by prior vaccination, which I can personally attest to having had both the injections and Omicron. And that, therefore, it might help raise our collective immunity. How you turned that into something political is lost on me and frankly disappointing.

I clearly stated that maybe I had read him wrong. Must have. 

18 hours ago, HB said:

I think you over read it.   Nothing incendiary about it.  Just the current state of the virus from someone who had a massive case of it.  Nothing political about it.  I was fully vaxxed.  My kid had been vaxxed, had booster shot and already had Covid, and still got Omicron.  Was just commenting on the difference between omicron and the earlier varieties.  No axe to grind and I’m surprised about the reaction. 

Gotcha. 100% my bad. Take care!

24 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

"Vaccines work.  Covid is real."      Those are both pure scientific facts.    Not sure how you interpreted that statement as "political".    It is only "political" because of the number of people that are trying to deny the truth of those statements.   Those are the people making that statement "political" - someone who simply recites a fact is not being political. 

That Covid exists is a scientific fact.

Falsely imputing anti-science beliefs to your political adversaries for the sake of impugning them with malign motives is not science. It's politics.

The "number of people that are trying to deny the truth of those statements" is so infinitesimally small as to be statistically, practically non-existent. The fact you seem to think that number of people is somehow statistically significant is a reflection of your ideological blinders. Again, politics.

If you cannot acknowledge that there's a political insinuation in the statement "Covid is real" then I cannot accept that you are capable of a good-faith discussion about this.