Tickets

HuskerBB

I realize this is late notice - but if anyone wants tickets to the game today I have really good seats (lower bowl row 2) that I will give to anyone on here who wants them for free.   I am just done isolating from a positive Covid test last week so have decided I should not go.   E tickets so I can transfer them easily to a phone   (I have a parking pass too)

57 minutes ago, HuskerBB said:

I realize this is late notice - but if anyone wants tickets to the game today I have really good seats (lower bowl row 2) that I will give to anyone on here who wants them for free.   I am just done isolating from a positive Covid test last week so have decided I should not go.   E tickets so I can transfer them easily to a phone   (I have a parking pass too)

34 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm also unfortunately out with covid

26 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

One of my co-workers, former NFL running back (young, looks like he could still play) ended up in the hospital with this over winter-break. This thing don't mess around. Amazing how it's become politicized. Sorry to hear you struggled with it. The OG Covid messed me up bad last December. No hospital though. Although I have a continued symptom of thinking my sports teams will be good. 

I have long-covid, symptomatic over 2 months, and extremely symptomatic the first 3 weeks.  But the Omicron variant which started in December is much milder, for nearly everyone getting it.   Very easily transmittable, vaccines and boosters don't prevent it, nor does prior Covid.   Early returns are relatively mild symptoms, with good immunity.   Might be what we need to boost immunity with a much larger chunk of the population so this can finally blow through.  

41 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

My co-worker had the omicron variant. He didn't get his second vaccine or subsequent booster because he didn't feel it was necessary. Those without the vaccine and many without the booster are having much more than mild symptoms. Vaccines and boosters are keeping people out of the hospital and out of the grave. I'm not sure if you have a further point or if I am reading into your intentions incorrectly, but I won't be engaging with anymore discussion on this, on this board as I try to keep this 100% away from politics/current event news. I apologize for even mentioning "I don't know how this has gotten politicized." 

I also apologize if I am reading into your post incorrectly - so you get the last word/clarification here if so. Take care, no more COVID talk for me!

I appreciate your measured comments and agree that it is because of our collective ability to refrain from such divisive talk for the most part around here that makes this HHC community so enjoyable.

2 hours ago, kldm64 said:

I am now.  Was in hospital for 7 days.  It was pretty iffy for awhile as couldn't get my oxygen levels up.  Lost about 20 pounds.  So glad I made it through as wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.  

I lost 15 and wasn't in the hospital.

Edited by Bugeaters1

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

It hasn't been.  I was just commending @basketballjones for being aware enough to understand how easily it is to slip into that realm and his desire to avoid it.

Ok, I would have posted some things about my experience. But when you said what you did  I dIdn't. All is good though.

Edited by Bugeaters1

6 hours ago, basketballjones said:

My co-worker had the omicron variant. He didn't get his second vaccine or subsequent booster because he didn't feel it was necessary. Those without the vaccine and many without the booster are having much more than mild symptoms. Vaccines and boosters are keeping people out of the hospital and out of the grave. I'm not sure if you have a further point or if I am reading into your intentions incorrectly, but I won't be engaging with anymore discussion on this, on this board as I try to keep this 100% away from politics/current event news. I apologize for even mentioning "I don't know how this has gotten politicized." 

I also apologize if I am reading into your post incorrectly - so you get the last word/clarification here if so. Take care, no more COVID talk for me!

I think you over read it.   Nothing incendiary about it.  Just the current state of the virus from someone who had a massive case of it.  Nothing political about it.  I was fully vaxxed.  My kid had been vaxxed, had booster shot and already had Covid, and still got Omicron.  Was just commenting on the difference between omicron and the earlier varieties.  No axe to grind and I’m surprised about the reaction.