Coaching Carousel 2022

hhcmatt

And we thought Fred's buyout was unreal....

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/look-john-caliparis-kentucky-buyout-figure-revealed

If this article is to be believed, Coach Calipari's buyout is...wait for it...

$52 MILLION DOLLARS.

Good lawd, what are the universities thinking???  Monopoly money???

15 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

Forgot that he is an assistant with UCLA.  He helped build a pretty good basketball team!

Really happy for Mike.  And would be shocked if he doesn’t do a great job at Ball State.   He is good people.  He made a great impression on all who met him during his time in Lincoln.  Pretty salty golfer as well.  

Edited by HB

10 minutes ago, HB said:

Really happy for Mike.  And would be shocked if he doesn’t do a great job at Ball Sate.  He is good people.  He made a great impression on all who met him during his time in Lincoln.  Pretty salty golfer as well.  

Michael Lewis et al are the type of dudes Nebraska needs as assistants, well rounded & fundamentally sound. Happy for M.L.

Edited by AuroranHusker

On 3/25/2022 at 8:47 AM, nustudent said:

Washut this morning mentioned that things are starting to lean back to Gates staying around.   He acknowledged that he thought he'd end up at Missouri, but due to the family liking Lincoln and the salary he's making...it's more likely he sticks around.

Yeah.  Robin was way off on his “widely believed” Gates was leaving speculation.  He’s staying.   

Glad it worked out.  I expect a much improved product on the court once Hoiberg brings in Matt’s replacement.   

The most important thing is to have coachable kids.  Fred doesn’t know what to do with premadonnas, but he’s very good with kids who have pride and work hard.  Fred/Armon/Nate all know how to spot those kids.  They’re big fans of Griesel.  

1 hour ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

Yeah.  Robin was way off on his “widely believed” Gates was leaving speculation.  He’s staying.   

Glad it worked out.  I expect a much improved product on the court once Hoiberg brings in Matt’s replacement.   

The most important thing is to have coachable kids.  Fred doesn’t know what to do with premadonnas, but he’s very good with kids who have pride and work hard.  Fred/Armon/Nate all know how to spot those kids.  They’re big fans of Griesel.  

To be fair, Washut was fat from the only person who thought Gates was gone.  Virtually everyone thought so. 

I think we’ll be improved.   How much remains the question. 

44 minutes ago, nustudent said:

To be fair, Washut was fat from the only person who thought Gates was gone.  Virtually everyone thought so. 

I think we’ll be improved.   How much remains the question. 

I’ve said before Washut seems like a good dude and has a good connection to players, particularly incoming recruits that be maintains relationships with as players, but I’m not convinced by any stretch that he has that sort of intel on coaches.  I watched the LJS and OWH writers pretty closely on this specific issue and they avoided it.  They reported on what they actually knew, which was Matt and Doc.  I might be wrong, but I didn’t see any irresponsible speculation from those two publications when Dennis was hired at Mizzou.  I’ll leave it at that.  

32 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

I’ve said before Washut seems like a good dude and has a good connection to players, particularly incoming recruits that be maintains relationships with as players, but I’m not convinced by any stretch that he has that sort of intel on coaches.  I watched the LJS and OWH writers pretty closely on this specific issue and they avoided it.  They reported on what they actually knew, which was Matt and Doc.  I might be wrong, but I didn’t see any irresponsible speculation from those two publications when Dennis was hired at Mizzou.  I’ll leave it at that.  

He lost his connection to the Coaching staff in Abdelmassih also. He appeared on HOLs podcast a handful of times, so it's obvious that's where his Intel was coming from. I believe when transitioning from Tim to Fred, he had a major slip up with players transferring also. Released it before they actually left. He's trying to find his connection again honestly