Jump to content

Coaching Carousel 2022


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Starting early this year.

 

 

 

This guy is one of my favorite coaches.  Pretty wild to fire a guy who finished 2nd in the ACC last year and has an 11-9 record this season while being middle of the pack with plenty of time to improve.  I always fondly remember his teams playing their asses off with very physical basketball.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Fullbacksympathy said:

 

This guy is one of my favorite coaches.  Pretty wild to fire a guy who finished 2nd in the ACC last year and has an 11-9 record this season while being middle of the pack with plenty of time to improve.  I always fondly remember his teams playing their asses off with very physical basketball.  

 

Louisville is a trash school that faked their way into the ACC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How about, since we can't tank for draft ping pong balls (take note FH), in the interest of fairness, we try a different game of chance. Put all the B1G coaches names on a wheel of fortune at the start of media weekend in Chicago, each AD gives it a spin and gets to take that coach off the wheel for the season. That will let it be a true coaching challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 5:10 PM, Fullbacksympathy said:

 

This guy is one of my favorite coaches.  Pretty wild to fire a guy who finished 2nd in the ACC last year and has an 11-9 record this season while being middle of the pack with plenty of time to improve.  I always fondly remember his teams playing their asses off with very physical basketball.  

Mackwas suspended for 6 games this season and fined 220k by the university because of a scandal where the ncaa has charged Mack with a level 1 infraction and 2 level 2 infractions and Louisville with 6 level 2 infractions from an incident where after uhe fired an assistant coach he then recorded the assistant coach trying tried to get Mack to pay him to keep quiet about the violations they had committed. The fired assistant coach pled guilty to extortion got a year of probation and a $10,000 fine. Mack is also likely to be suspended by the ncaa for next season if he coaches. 

 

Louisville is still on probation for the recruitment of Brian Bowen II. A level 1 violation and 3 level 2 violations. under Pitino. They forfieted several years of winning seasons including a national championship and are waiting for punishments related to the new York southern district corruption case at least 3 level 2 infractions and allegations of misconduct and recruiting violations with Adidas. 

 

There is real serious potential that Louisville is going to get the basketball equivalent of the death penalty- a 4 year postseason ban. They are on probation, have at least one and as many as 3 level 1 infractions and at least a dozen level 2 infractions pending.

 

They didn't want to do it but Louisville had no choice but to fire him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Blackshirt83 said:

Mackwas suspended for 6 games this season and fined 220k by the university because of a scandal where the ncaa has charged Mack with a level 1 infraction and 2 level 2 infractions and Louisville with 6 level 2 infractions from an incident where after uhe fired an assistant coach he then recorded the assistant coach trying tried to get Mack to pay him to keep quiet about the violations they had committed. The fired assistant coach pled guilty to extortion got a year of probation and a $10,000 fine. Mack is also likely to be suspended by the ncaa for next season if he coaches. 

 

Louisville is still on probation for the recruitment of Brian Bowen II. A level 1 violation and 3 level 2 violations. under Pitino. They forfieted several years of winning seasons including a national championship and are waiting for punishments related to the new York southern district corruption case at least 3 level 2 infractions and allegations of misconduct and recruiting violations with Adidas. 

 

There is real serious potential that Louisville is going to get the basketball equivalent of the death penalty- a 4 year postseason ban. They are on probation, have at least one and as many as 3 level 1 infractions and at least a dozen level 2 infractions pending.

 

They didn't want to do it but Louisville had no choice but to fire him.

 

Yeah I read about all that after I posted.  Awful program.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 3:50 PM, hhcmatt said:

Starting early this year.

 

 

Mack was someone I wanted before Fred but never thought we'd get him cause of money.  Who knew we'd get Fred and make him a top 10 paid coach.  Sampson and Turgeon was on my list too.  Sampson is paid nicely I believe.  If a change is made Im sure it will be back to the mid major coach for $ reasons which makes itna hard sell.  Would the univ shell out the buyout plus pay big to find a power 5 coach?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Mack was someone I wanted before Fred but never thought we'd get him cause of money.  Who knew we'd get Fred and make him a top 10 paid coach.  Sampson and Turgeon was on my list too.  Sampson is paid nicely I believe.  If a change is made Im sure it will be back to the mid major coach for $ reasons which makes itna hard sell.  Would the univ shell out the buyout plus pay big to find a power 5 coach?

 

Sampson is older than dirt now though (66 years old).  He's retiring at UH.  Turgeon is ten years younger, but Maryland may have damaged him irreparably.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Sampson is older than dirt now though (66 years old).  He's retiring at UH.  Turgeon is ten years younger, but Maryland may have damaged him irreparably.

66 isnt that old but im talking 3 years ago.  People on here were worried about Sampson with his very minor NCAA issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, coughunter said:

Would the univ shell out the buyout plus pay big to find a power 5 coach?

Oof do you really trust that going that route is any better than the midmajor route? I was CERTAIN Hoiberg was our can't miss unicorn. I trust nothing about why which coach would/should be successful here anymore. Its a crap shoot. And if you believe that then I'd rather gamble on midmajor on the cheap then shell out for the power five. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Oof do you really trust that going that route is any better than the midmajor route? I was CERTAIN Hoiberg was our can't miss unicorn. I trust nothing about why which coach would/should be successful here anymore. Its a crap shoot. And if you believe that then I'd rather gamble on midmajor on the cheap then shell out for the power five. 

Either that or an assitant somewhere

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 49r said:

Can we get Miles back?  He at least won sometimes and has a great personality and got butts in the seats.

I know this touches a nerve with people, but i'll say it anyways. If we move on from Fred, I hope they bring in a black head coach. No one has got it done to date, let's give it another go and we might as well break the color barrier for major sports coaches at Nebraska while we're at it. Armon's brother has been impressive as hell, maybe he would put a good word in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I know this touches a nerve with people, but i'll say it anyways. If we move on from Fred, I hope they bring in a black head coach. No one has got it done to date, let's give it another go and we might as well break the color barrier for major sports coaches at Nebraska while we're at it. Armon's brother has been impressive as hell, maybe he would put a good word in. 

 

Man, that is not a bad idea.  I like that one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, 49r said:

Can we get Miles back?  He at least won sometimes and has a great personality and got butts in the seats.

 

If we do end up replacing Fred you need to get a guy like Miles who can build a program so probably not an 'up and coming' assistant type. That's what Osborne saw in Miles when he hired him and maybe Trev is tasked will see the same thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

 

If we do end up replacing Fred you need to get a guy like Miles who can build a program so probably not an 'up and coming' assistant type. That's what Osborne saw in Miles when he hired him and maybe Trev is tasked will see the same thing.

Niko medved, that's your music

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, 49r said:

Can we get Miles back?  He at least won sometimes and has a great personality and got butts in the seats.

Please no.  Get someone who can recruit, develop, and be a consistant winner that doesnt finish in the bottom 4 almost every year in the conference.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...