It’s February And Our Biggest Win So Far Is…?

hhcdave

I am going to say South Dakota by a hair over Kennesaw State.  And that is really sad.  South Dakota is an okay Summit team.  I don’t think they are quite as good as Western Illinois.  They haven’t beat anyone with a pulse.  So I guess they have that in common with us.  That question was much harder than I expected.  

As a side note, I noticed NC State now has a losing record.  Even our moral victory looks devalued…

This team is in serious contention for worst in my lifetime. The contenders that jumped to my mind immediately:

1.  Danny Nee’s 89 squad.  They were painful for me to watch at the time.  They were 10-18, 3-12 in conference.

2. Tim Miles’ first team.  It seemed like we were so under talented and had to scratch and claw for every single point.  It was exhausting to watch but we actually finished 15-18, 5-13 in conference.  Much better than I remember.  Take them off the list.

3 & 4: Fred’s first two teams.  Easily the best contenders to this year’s squad for worst team in my time following the Huskers.  

I will say yes, this is the worst team of all time.  They win the tie breaker over his first team because of the unlikeablity (is that a word) factor this team has.  And I love Keisei, Kobe and Walker.  

55 minutes ago, busticket said:

This team is in serious contention for worst in my lifetime. The contenders that jumped to my mind immediately:

1.  Danny Nee’s 89 squad.  They were painful for me to watch at the time.  They were 10-18, 3-12 in conference.

2. Tim Miles’ first team.  It seemed like we were so under talented and had to scratch and claw for every single point.  It was exhausting to watch but we actually finished 15-18, 5-13 in conference.  Much better than I remember.  Take them off the list.

3 & 4: Fred’s first two teams.  Easily the best contenders to this year’s squad for worst team in my time following the Huskers.  

I will say yes, this is the worst team of all time.  They win the tie breaker over his first team because of the unlikeablity (is that a word) factor this team has.  And I love Keisei, Kobe and Walker.  

Well let me introduce you to WWII's Adolf Lewandowski... I've learned so much about him since Hoiberg took over.

1 hour ago, busticket said:

Miles 1st team was so undermanned but Docs last year I think with Bo Spencer was pretty painfull to watch.  

Certainly the way we have played, the failure to even remotely touch preseason expectations and the utter failure to make any adjustments puts us right at the cusp of the worst.

The only reason I cannot fully declare it as such is that there are games to play.  I hold out zero hope; but we are required to play out the season...I think.

35 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

"This is the best recruiting class in program history!"   to 

"This is the worst team in program history."   in just 3 months is so Nebrasketball.

According to RealTimeRPI our best win is over Southern and it isn't really close. 

This is exactly why I don’t get too overly excited with good recruiting classes.  I started coming around to this line of thought around the Bill Callahan years.  I would get jacked over some of the kids he brought in and as a unit we underperformed.  Coaching matters a lot.  That is why those guys get paid millions.  

Now when you find that point where excellent recruiting crosses excellent coaching, you are on to something.

17 hours ago, coughunter said:

Miles 1st team was so undermanned but Docs last year I think with Bo Spencer was pretty painfull to watch.  

I actually liked those teams. We're they good? No but they tried to be and they definitely loved playing here and did what they could.

These guys don't care, or try or have anything for this program except what they can get as they wait for when they are able to leave for their next team.

And those coaches while seriously lacking in certain areas at least tried to work with what they had to their maximum level. Fred has coaching abilities that he has no interest in trying to use. And certainly doesn't maximize his strengths to hide weaknesses. He doesn't know or care to know he even has weaknesses.I knew Doc and Miles had to go but I wasn't happy about it. I didn't smile when it happened. I think I might smile when many of these guys walk. And Honestly that might make me more upset than anything else.