Nebraska (6-13) vs Wisconsin (16-2)* game thread

cipsucks

Couple things from that article Sam M posted from the OWH…

- Sounds like Chucky was ours until we fired Miles.  He sounded like he loved Tim.

- Doesn’t sound like Matt recruits our in-state people much, if at all.  They’ve been having Nate go to Omaha.

- Matt didn’t sound too concerned about losing out on Nebraska kids.  Said we’ve gotten talented kids too.

- Chucky did say the current staff tried to recruit him a little.

Edited by hskr4life

7 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Couple things from that article Sip posted…

- Sounds like Chucky was ours until we fired Miles.  He sounded like he loved Tim.

- Doesn’t sound like Matt recruits our in-state people much, if at all.  They’ve been having Nate go to Omaha.

- Matt didn’t sound too concerned about losing out on Nebraska kids.  Said we’ve gotten talented kids too.

- Chucky did say the current staff tried to recruit him a little.

Unless I'm missing something this was from the Jimmy Watkins's article in the OWH

Here is the deal then, IF our players are as talented as our recruiting coordinator believes them to be, then talent is not the problem...right?  If we take that as a fact, then let's find out why this team is so bad:

Character?

Coaching?

Basketball IQ?

Effort?

Chemistry?

Scheme? 

Accountability? 

Other?

Quite frankly, I could care less where a player is from.  But I do want them to be talented, coachable, dedicated and oh yeah, win lots and lots and lots of games.

43 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Probably a pretty big blow for a team that doesn't play a lot of bench minutes.

I'd say we absolutely want to make Ben Carlson have to score double digits to beat us.

That’s a good thought. 

However I will assume our game plan will be to let Davison and Davis combine for about 10 made threes tonight, and we’ll allow Chucky Hepburn to surpass his season high of 15 points. 

13 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

That’s a good thought. 

However I will assume our game plan will be to let Davison and Davis combine for about 10 made threes tonight, and we’ll allow Chucky Hepburn to surpass his season high of 15 points. 

Yup, you know Hepburn is going to light us up. And Davison always hits a million 3s against us. Can't wait to never have to watch that #@#$! play again.