RUTGERS GAME POSTPONED

12dozen

The Nebraska women's basketball game with Rutgers originally scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 20 at 7 p.m., at Pinnacle Bank Arena in Lincoln has been postponed due to health and safety protocols within the Husker program.

Per the amended Big Ten Conference 2021-22 Forfeiture Guidelines, this game will be postponed and the Conference office will coordinate the rescheduling process.  

If the game is not able to be rescheduled, it would count as a "no contest" for both teams. Tickets previously purchased would be refunded to ticket holders after the conclusion of the season.

16 hours ago, Cazzie22 said:

We need to get healthy.  This may be a break, may. We are not the team we need to be without Sam, Jaz and Bella.  I hope it’s not a severe outbreak.

Has there been any discussion/information on Haiby's injury and potential return to action?  I'm sure most of you saw she couldn't lift her arm even a few inches on the sideline after it happened.

Obviously just speculation, but having had shoulder issues before that made it near impossible to life my arm, recovery usually was measured in weeks (without proper rehab and trainer support, of course).  Can't afford to have her out of action for very long.  Thankfully, at least on paper, the schedule eases up a bit for the next few games (if they can actually play them).

Unless it is protected, I don't understand why injury information isn't shared.  The program has done a nice job increasing fan interest/attendance.  Wouldn't keeping them informed, be part of the package?    How is Sam?  How is Bella coming along (assume she is close, since she played a couple minutes last game).  Any word on Trinity Brady?  I don't think she has played in 2 years?    Fans want to know.      

From the coach on the last call in show she said both Sam and Jaz were day to day and that Bella barring any set backs will be playing more as she has more confidence in her ankle.  I took that as she will be coming off the bench with her minutes depending on how her ankle continues to improve.  Of course day to day can stretch into a prolonged time.  Need to get through this covid protocol ASAP.   Indiana's home game against Mich. st. last night was postponed as well as their upcoming game at Iowa this coming Sunday.  

Edited by HUD