Just asking the question

Huskerpapa

Both teams are in the same situation so it shouldn't matter...and I truly am not trying to stir any pot.  But --- prior to tip we run out and somewhat lazily shoot some layups, dunks or jack some threes.   We then go to our bench area, line up and listen as a live singer sings the National Anthem, then the color guard leaves and then we listen to the unity song and we have five minutes of videos and intros and then for whatever reason we bang that stupid ass drum and then after ten minutes or more, the players are expected to play.  This seems to be flipping insane.  Isn't there a better way of getting a game started.  For the love of all that is holy???

And while I'm at it stop the tshirt toss.  The effort of the group spreading the shirts is pathetic 

Edited by Huskerpapa

23 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Both teams are in the same situation so it shouldn't matter...and I truly am not trying to stir any pot.  But --- prior to tip we run out and somewhat lazily shoot some layups, dunks or jack some threes.   We then go to our bench area, line up and listen as a live singer sings the National Anthem, then the color guard leaves and then we listen to the unity song and we have five minutes of videos and intros and then for whatever reason we bang that stupid ass drum and then after ten minutes or more, the players are expected to play.  This seems to be flipping insane.  Isn't there a better way of getting a game started.  For the love of all that is holy???

And while I'm at it stop the tshirt toss.  The effort of the group spreading the shirts is pathetic 

Is it okay if I step on your lawn to get my soccer ball sir?🤨

12 hours ago, 49r said:

I'm just wondering what purpose this thread has in the recruiting forum...

Because I am a stupid crumogeon and I don't feel well and I a am frustrated and others vent in one way or another and I ended up vomiting here.  As near as I can figure.  But Matt has my permission to close this out, delete it or whatever since I got all this off my magnificent, rippled chest 😁

37 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Burn? Why so much effort? It's very easy to pop a bubble. We've got experience with that.

I want as much effort to go into it as possible in destroying that abomination.  Ritualistically.  We should make it a whole event.  That lasts weeks.  Ensure that nothing like that thing will ever inhabit the earth ever again.

55 minutes ago, 49r said:

I want as much effort to go into it as possible in destroying that abomination.  Ritualistically.  We should make it a whole event.  That lasts weeks.  Ensure that nothing like that thing will ever inhabit the earth ever again.

Lil Red is my favorite mascot. Always has been.

56 minutes ago, 49r said:

I brought some lady friends to a football game from MN in the late 90’s. They developed a morbid fascination with Lil Red & from that point on would mimic his little “dance” that resembles a seizure…

The lift every voice song is great and I see no issue with it.

The drum however borders on cringe. I have been to 90% of games this year and they threw it in like the second or third game and I hated it from the jump. Props to the hype guy to trying something new, but it isn't working. I hope this is the last year we see that godforsaken drum lol

20 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

They have a light show at the start where you hold up your phone but if you're just someone walking in off the street to watch your first game you have no idea there is a Huskers light app. It seems like the lack of attention to detail permeates this entire apparently rudderless program.

The light show is more of a volleyball thing.  It works well there but hate when they take volleyball things and try and make it happen at basketball games as well.  They were trying to push the "3 claps" at basketball for awhile and so glad that didn't catch on either.  

I think we should really piss off the old ones in the crowd and go old school with either “Who cares you suck!”  Or my personal favorite back to court reading newspaper which is then ripped into tiny pieces to be tossed later in the game!

Also might help with the drum if we knew what we are to do… Clap along, quietly watch in horror as the beat doesn’t really have a beat, cringe as the other teams player, coaches and fans silently laugh at us bumpkins?

Edited by Silverbacked1