IOWA GAME DAY THREAD PART 2

12dozen

(Post-Game Write-up @ Huskers.com)   A good read)

"Markowski Sinks Six Threes at Iowa"

https://huskers.com/news/2022/1/16/womens-basketball-huskers-at-hawkeyes.aspx

Seven different Huskers were whistled for two first-half fouls (each), while Clark, who scored 11 points despite 2-of-10 shooting from the field, was the only Hawkeye to get called for a foul in the opening 20 minutes, which came on the offensive end................... Kendall Moriarty made NU's first free throw of the game with 4:35 left in the third period to give the Huskers a 61-54 lead..........

home-standing Hawkeyes attempted 26 more free throws than the Big Red with a final foul disparity of 28-7. Nebraska's minus-21 in foul differential was not only the largest in a Big Ten or conference game in school history, but the largest disparity for either team in the 1,448 women's basketball games played in program history over the past 48 years. It marked the first time that a Husker opponent had greater than a plus-17 foul differential in a game. Nebraska entered the game at Iowa with a plus-2.1 foul differential through 16 games on the season.

rEffing Crew (lest we forget):  Cameron Inouye, Beverly Roberts, Gina Cross

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

(Post-Game Write-up @ Huskers.com)   A good read)

"Markowski Sinks Six Threes at Iowa"

https://huskers.com/news/2022/1/16/womens-basketball-huskers-at-hawkeyes.aspx

rEffing Crew (lest we forget):  Cameron Inouye, Beverly Roberts, Gina Cross

Watching Iowa and Ohio State tonight.  Caitlin Clark has turned into the biggest bitch in college basketball

Thanks @Fastbreaker.  I haven't seen the game but I wonder if somehow that could work to our (recruiting) benefit.  IIRC Kathleen Doyle had a bit of a 'Hot-head' attitude, at least in the games I saw (where they played us).  Go to Iowa; become a prima donna, errr B.....

I'm always amazed at how much fun the Huskers seem to have playing with, and for each other.

9 hours ago, HUD said:

I really enjoyed Bludder bitch and moan at the end of their loss to Ohio St. tonight.  Even though an Ohio St. loss may have been better for us It did my heart good to see the Prima Donnas from Iowa go down in front of their own fans.

i started out hoping iowa would win for the reason an OSU loss would or could benefit the huskers the most. however, as the game moved on, i found myself rooting more and more for OSU. the "clarkgasm" (and it's continuous) by the announcers is getting sick enough---especially the female announcer (can't remember her name, Scott?). then add clark's antics/expressions she is really getting hard to watch. i'll admit, last season i really enjoyed watching clark's game and i put up with some of her complaining/expressions about fouls being called or not called because she is a one-in-a-generation player. it was rather impressive to just watch OSU go about their business and put themselves in a position to win the game at the end. 

1 hour ago, whoopdeedoo said:

i started out hoping iowa would win for the reason an OSU loss would or could benefit the huskers the most. however, as the game moved on, i found myself rooting more and more for OSU. the "clarkgasm" (and it's continuous) by the announcers is getting sick enough---especially the female announcer (can't remember her name, Scott?). then add clark's antics/expressions she is really getting hard to watch. i'll admit, last season i really enjoyed watching clark's game and i put up with some of her complaining/expressions about fouls being called or not called because she is a one-in-a-generation player. it was rather impressive to just watch OSU go about their business and put themselves in a position to win the game at the end. 

You summed up my feelings precisely as I watched the game.

Can’t stand Clark but she is so good.   Gets coddled by the refs which she doesn’t need.  Pushes off with her left hand all the time; rarely  gets called.  Yet she talks to the refs the whole game and gets away with that also.   But she’s as good as I’ve ever seen.    Hope Michigan can hang on. 

Watched most of the IA/Mich game. Brown turned her ankle late in their last game hence the walking boot. Do not think it was as bad as Ashley O of Maryland. Will see how long she sits. I agree nice to see Iowa lose last night. I also thought Bluder should have been given a "T" for the 4th quarter push rant with the refs. She was in the wrong place when the ref signaled the out of bounds call and get hit a little but she went off and should have whistled. Clark's 4th quarter almost did Mich in. Down by 25 at one point and got as close as 5 before the final margin of 8.