Nebraska (6-10) vs. Illinois (11-3) game thread

cipsucks

13 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

In case you’re interested, I would say there is a smattering of people in the 300 level, a sparse crowd in the 200 level, and less than half capacity in the lower bowl.

For a Big 10 conference game against a ranked opponent.

Now I'm just speculating here, but after so many "great practice" weeks, maybe it's the crowd that is the problem, we play better with fewer witnesses.

Our defense is night and day than Saturday.  We have much more effort.  And, how does Cockburn not have 30 points by now.  Huge kudos to Walker.  I really love the defensive game plan, so far.  We single up on Cockburn, and let him have his.  We aren't doubling him every time he touches the ball.  I don't mind doubles, but I don't think we need to do it every time.

This team is not as bad as Saturday's performance.  They took OSU to OT.  We were within 6 points to MSU on the road with 6 minutes to go.  The key to this team is how we face adversity.  Do we come out and give 40 minutes of effort?  Or, when we get down to Rutgers, do we let it snowball?

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

I'll say it again in this thread, but with explanation.

No offense, but this crowd is pathetic. Haven't seen something like this for a conference game in who knows how long.

But no shade. Do what's best for you, the team hasn't given anybody a reason to show up. It's amazed me how loyal our fanbase is in showing up in all kinds of weather, but at some point you vote with your ticket.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

I'll say it again in this thread, but with explanation.

No offense, but this crowd is pathetic. Haven't seen something like this for a conference game in who knows how long.

But no shade. Do what's best for you, the team hasn't given anybody a reason to show up. It's amazed me how loyal our fanbase is in showing up in all kinds of weather, but at some point you vote with your ticket.

I’m among the 5,000.

Flipping through channels and I'm seeing Auburn with a #4 rank and Alabama with a #24 rank.

It amazes me how much the college basketball landscape has changed. It really wasn't that long ago when an SEC team that doesn't start with a "K" was a joke in basketball. And now they've invested in their coaching staff and facilities and have built some solid programs. It's just frustrating we haven't been able to do that same...in a longer timespan of investment.