Nebraska (6-10) vs. Illinois (11-3) game thread

cipsucks

Don't know why Bugeaters hasn't got this going, but I'll take a walk down memory lane...  One time, mind you. Since there really isn't much positive to say about where this program currently stands, I've decided to post happy thoughts.  I can't think of anything that brings more joy than the number 69. So, I'll be posting videos from the year 1969.  Add yours!  GBR!

50 minutes ago, HuskerActuary said:

Wow. There are tickets available on Stubhub in the 100 level for the lowest price that they allow of $6/ticket.

I couldn’t even give mine away for tonight (I can’t go these next few weeks and they are 300 levels to boot).

Unfortunately with the rise in cases, our sub par performance and the fact that it’s dead of winter… we may be looking at low numbers for the remainder of the year too.

Illinois favored by 13.5

We were a 14-pt 'dog at home to Illinois last year and got the game to OT. We were +13 at home against Purdue in 2019-20 and actually won that game easily. So we are 2-0 ATS when a home 'dog of 13 or more under Fred and almost 2-0 straight up. So if Illinois is sleep-walking, there is some hope. Probably too early in the conference season for Illinois to not show up, though.

I'm guessing there will be no crying for players on the Illinois bench tonight ... unless they're doubled over and crying with laughter as an 5-ft-5 Illini walk-on drains a 3 in the final couple of minutes.

1 hour ago, throwback said:

Illinois favored by 13.5

We were a 14-pt 'dog at home to Illinois last year and got the game to OT. We were +13 at home against Purdue in 2019-20 and actually won that game easily. So we are 2-0 ATS when a home 'dog of 13 or more under Fred and almost 2-0 straight up. So if Illinois is sleep-walking, there is some hope. Probably too early in the conference season for Illinois to not show up, though.

I'm guessing there will be no crying for players on the Illinois bench tonight ... unless they're doubled over and crying with laughter as an 5-ft-5 Illini walk-on drains a 3 in the final couple of minutes.

Ahhh Bruce.  He beat us at home this year unfortunately.  

Would be super awesome to have a Myles Leonard 2.0 though.

Edited by hskr4life

1 hour ago, 49r said:

Full disclosure.  I haven't watched one second of the team play since the KSU game (both of them), and I won't be watching tonight.

Yeah, I'll continue to watch but I've found, at least starting with the Rutgers game, that I'm no longer getting angry or frustrated.  It's really the realization that there is no end in sight to this suckage so what's the point in getting frustrated over the results.  Or in other words, apathy that is setting in with me and amongst a good deal of the fanbase.  I'm sure attendance numbers will really start to reflect this without a significant change in the results.