uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 15 - at Michigan State

uneblinstu

Just now, busticket said:

We saw some more of bad Verge tonight.  At least two times he skipped passing to teammates for wide open threes (Lakes and Wilcher) and instead tried (and failed) to score it himself.  

Bryce was Bryce.  First half was promising, but his passing can be pretty lousy, along with his shot selection.  He flashes good things too, but it’s not like he will be around next year to enjoy his growth from learning this year.

Man I hope Walker comes back.  He is so much better than I expected when he transferred in.

I went through some mock drafts, I found a couple with late 1st rounds, and some with early 2nd rounds.  I think maybe we have a glimmer of hope to get Bryce back next year, and if we can convince him, maybe Trey comes back.

Just now, Jugular said:

I just don’t understand why Lat starts and continues to play significant minutes. He’s a statue out there. He basically plays rec ball. And Tominaga has no business playing in the B10.

Lack of alternatives. Ed is a foul machine and Wilhelm’s injury is making it difficult for him to sit. 

The last two games we’ve looked like we should look—pushing ranked conference teams in competitive games.  

Hopefully they’re encouraged to keep it moving.  It’s too bad it took this long but we have a ton of newcomers.  Trey is going to help a lot now that most everyone is starting to mirror his effort. 

7 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Lack of alternatives. Ed is a foul machine and Wilhelm’s injury is making it difficult for him to sit. 

Lakes does a lot of nice things when he is out their.  I have seen him do some nice box outs.  When he receives the ball he immediately passes if he isn’t open.   When he is open and actually gets the ball he has shown to be a credible shooter.  I would take him over Lat anytime.

Just now, busticket said:

Lakes does a lot of nice things when he is out their.  I have seen him do some nice box outs.  When he receives the ball he immediately passes if he isn’t open.   When he is open and actually gets the ball he has shown to be a credible shooter.  I would take him over Lat anytime.

I’d be fine with him getting more minutes 

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don’t believe this.  There’s a role for him on this team,  it just probably is more of a role player vs starter.  Conversation reminds me of convos we had about Thor.

Agreed.  He has shown flashes and looked like he may breakoutn but to be successful he cant be a guy getting 25-35 mins a game to be successful

6 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Along with that, I think I completely over estimated our athleticism. We’re really missing some strong, dawg-mentality 6’3”-6’6” guys who get after it. Big issue with generally athleticism. 

Anton Gill, Tai Webster, Shavon Shields, Terran Petteway, Andrew White, James Palmer Jr, Isaiah Roby types?!

17 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Along with that, I think I completely over estimated our athleticism. We’re really missing some strong, dawg-mentality 6’3”-6’6” guys who get after it. Big issue with generally athleticism. 

Ramel Lloyd is that dude.  6’6” and can really guard.  He’ll help immediately next season.  Think Ade. 

49 minutes ago, hhcscott said:

I simply don't understand how minutes are distributed. 

I don't understand why inefficiency, ineffectiveness, and inconsistent effort don't have consequences.

Why do we keep riding the same train down the same path to the same destination?

Some of it is 40-60 minutes lost to injury in Trey and WB without any sort of suitable replacements.