When in Linclon, Get Thee to PBA (for Tomorrow's game vs # 22 IOWA)

Red Don

:ph34r:

If you are in Lincoln, I hear there are Plenty of Good Seats Available for Tomorrow's Game
..... vs #22 IOWA .........index.php.......... Don't Miss it! ........

..........................It Should Be a Shoot-Out.......................

Omni Has it as an Even Match

-------------------------------------------

If you are in Lincoln, I hear there are Plenty of Good Seats Available for Tonight's Game
..... vs #8 Michigan .........index.php.......... Don't Miss it! ........

...........................It Should Be a Barn-Burner.......................

Omni Has Nebraska by 1

image.png

http://omnirankings.com/wcb/Teams/Nebraska.htm

Edited by Red Don

for me, Cravens and Markowski (Stewart) need to keep Michigan from getting 2nd/3rd chances offensively.

hope we don't have to rely on perimeter shots------however, need a high percentage to drop given the opportunity. 

need Izzy to have a really good game.

huskers gonna need practically all facets of the game hitting on a high level if they want to pull the upset.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

from Hail Varsity's article about tonight's game...

"Nebraska’s defense will be tested against Michigan. The Wolverines are averaging 73.5 points per game, which ranks 61st in the country, but they’ve scored 90-plus points in three of their last five games, including against No. 25 Ohio State and Wisconsin. They also have an overtime win against No. 5 Baylor.

Michigan forward Naz Hillmon is the most dangerous threat to the Huskers. Last season’s Big Ten Player of the Year, the 6-foot-2 forward is averaging a team-best 20.9 points and 9.2 rebounds per game. She’s already racked up six double-doubles and is coming off a monster 29-point, 15-rebound outing against Ohio State.

Others will guard her throughout the game, but Husker forward Isabelle Bourne will often be matched up with Hillmon. Those two squared off internationally in the World Championships, Bourne with Australia and Hillmon with Team USA."

59 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Is Amy Dilk back I’m Michigan’s lineup.  Who guards Leigha Brown?

from the articles i read (including from michigan...didn't see any mention of Dilk) i did read an article about 3 weeks ago that stated she was "day to day". don't remember which game it happened, however, i did read the article and it mentioned (paraphrasing) it was creepy to hear her scream in pain to a silent crowd. just a guess, but, wonder if she might be out for at least a few more weeks compared to the "day to day" comment? no idea, really. i'm sure Barnes-Arico has a pretty good idea, but, just wants to keep opponents guessing. btw, the injury was in the first game against IUPUI.

who guards brown? haiby---starting out anyway??? going to be an issue with the starting line-up. would be giving up a few inches to brown.

Edited by whoopdeedoo

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

We are not without offensive weapons of our own.  If we can make our shots, and not be pressured into missing easy shots in the paint and lay-ups, with our shot blocking abilities I like our chances!  🎇

hopefully, offense won't be in a funk! michigan appears to be doing just fine without Dilk. will take a guess:  huskers need to score 74+ to have a great shot for that "w".

2 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

from the articles i read (including from michigan...didn't see any mention of Dilk) i did read an article about 3 weeks ago that stated she was "day to day". don't remember which game it happened, however, i did read the article and it mentioned (paraphrasing) it was creepy to hear her scream in pain to a silent crowd. just a guess, but, wonder if she might be out for at least a few more weeks compared to the "day to day" comment? no idea, really. i'm sure Barnes-Arico has a pretty good idea, but, just wants to keep opponents guessing. btw, the injury was in the first game against IUPUI.

who guards brown? haiby---starting out anyway??? going to be an issue with the starting line-up. would be giving up a few inches to brown.

Coatney just stated Dilk is listed as "available"

NO Cravens due to sprained ankle😖

Edited by whoopdeedoo

Absolutely the toughest and hard fought play i've seen from the Huskers in many years....maybe gritty is a better word.

Jazz, Sam and Markowski get MVPs,,....actually there were several husker MVPs tonight

Shows what Markowski can do if she gets the minutes. She's a force inside. Her desire to do well for this team is amazing.

She has a true Husker heart.

Koleys 3 at the end was a bit of poetic justice. Something was said to her by some one in blue.

Edited by redsteve