Nebraska (6-8) vs. Mich St. (12-2) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Couple late night thoughts before the game 

-this needs to be a good Andre game. Bingham is much more athletic and is among the leaders in the big ten in blocked shots. See how wake fares for a while, then switch to Andre. They play marble as the backup, which is where Walker can take advantage. 

-i said it in the post game OSU thread, Hauser isn't a matchup for lat with how often Hauser relocates on the perimeter. So give Keon a shot or CJ. 

-gabe brown is currently their leading scorer and he gets his by driving or shooting from 3 primarily. 

I don't have high expectations for this game other than be competitive and play defense. Continuing to force turnovers will also help here. 

Michigan State vs. Nebraska spread:

• Michigan State -15.5.
  • Michigan State vs. Nebraska over-under: 148.5 points.

NU's last 10 games as a double digit 'dog:

L 68-99 vs Auburn

L 55-68 @ Indiana

L 64-102 @ Iowa

L 70-86 @ Illinois

L (W) 71-79 @ Maryland

L 50-64 @ Maryland

W 62-61 @ Penn St

L (W) 72-77 (ot) Illinois

L 48-61 Wisconsin

L 61-79 @ Minnesota

(3-7 vs the spread, 1-9 straight up)

We did cover last year as a 12.5-pt 'dog at MSU, losing 66-56. We also covered at home vs MSU last year (but lost the game).

Edited by throwback

2 hours ago, Cowboy Kermit said:

2014 game at the Breslin Center currently airing on BTN. Holy hell did Walter Pitchford have himself a day that day

I know No Sit Sunday was the huge game of that season, but winning at MSU was the win they had to have to turn the head of the selection committee.

My favorite play from that game - and one of my favorite of all time - was early in the game when the students started counting down the shot clock early and Rivers got fooled and chucked it up from the corner for 3 and hit it. Thought that was a pretty good omen. 😄

8 minutes ago, throwback said:

I know No Sit Sunday was the huge game of that season, but winning at MSU was the win they had to have to turn the head of the selection committee.

My favorite play from that game - and one of my favorite of all time - was early in the game when the students started counting down the shot clock early and Rivers got fooled and chucked it up from the corner for 3 and hit it. Thought that was a pretty good omen. 😄

It pretty much started the feeling of “we can’t lose” that I had for every game after that.  And if I was feeling invincible, you know the players were really feeling it!

3 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

What about the other guys giving up wide open shots?

I’m just frustrated with him hearing how good of a shooter is and him passing up shots. Then on the other end not being able to rebound or close out on shooters. Not saying the others are perfect I just feel like having him out there for as much as he plays he should be able to provide something.

4 minutes ago, CamHuskerbballfan said:

I’m just frustrated with him hearing how good of a shooter is and him passing up shots. Then on the other end not being able to rebound or close out on shooters. Not saying the others are perfect I just feel like having him out there for as much as he plays he should be able to provide something.

Same can be said about the whole team right?