MICHIGAN STATE GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Just now, Cazzie22 said:

Not a good last sequence.  MSU played harder, got more loose balls and earned a short handed victory.  We had some weaknesses exposed and a much better performance will be needed against Michigan. 

:nod::nod::nod:

That is for sure.  MSU exploited our weaknesses when our shots weren't falling.   Perhaps it is what we needed before playing Michigan.

We have had very poor rebounding from our starting posts for the last two games.  Six total against Wyoming and 3 total today.  Is it lack of size, toughness or hustle. Heaven for bid when we play Indiana or Michigan with their great posts.  Markowski doubled their rebounds with 1/3 the playing time.  Haiby and Shelly had 16 between them today.

i didn't get to see the game.......the biggest question i have always had in the back of my mind is how they rebound in the big ten. yes, non-con was "fun"........but, i still looked at this team in the 6-7-8 range in the conference. like one of the articles i read (can't remember who stated it in their column---hayes or creme?) he stated huskers will need some upsets to make the ncaa's with the non-con schedule they played.

59 minutes ago, HUD said:

We have had very poor rebounding from our starting posts for the last two games.  Six total against Wyoming and 3 total today.  Is it lack of size, toughness or hustle. Heaven for bid when we play Indiana or Michigan with their great posts.  Markowski doubled their rebounds with 1/3 the playing time.  Haiby and Shelly had 16 between them today.

Seems like there were several rebounds we should have gotten but MSU fought harder and took them away from us.  Not only were our 3-pointers way off, shooting from the floor was dismal (34% excluding treys) vs 51% for MSU, showing how uncomfortable they made us in our offense.   With stats like this, that we were able to keep the final score within 3 points, almost pulling out the win, speaks well for the defense.  

We are a Tough Team with Grit and will adjust.  This is a needed wake-up call as we get into the tougher portion of Conference Play (Michigan, Iowa twice, almost back-to-back, and Indiana).

Edited by Red Don