MICHIGAN STATE GAME DAY THREAD

12dozen

Nebraska Cornhuskers (12-0, 1-0 Big Ten)
at Michigan State Spartans (7-6, 1-1 Big Ten)
Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021, 2 p.m. (CT)
Breslin Center - East Lansing, Michigan
Live TV:
 BTN (Mike Hall, Stephanie White)
Live Radio: Huskers Radio Network (1:45 p.m.)
Matt Coatney (PBP), Jeff Griesch (Analyst)
Lincoln (107.3 FM), Omaha (ESPN 590 AM), Huskers.com, Huskers App

Huskers Resume Big Ten Play at Michigan State 
The Nebraska women's basketball team resumes Big Ten play on Thursday when the Huskers travel to East Lansing to battle Michigan State.

Tip-off between the Huskers (12-0, 1-0 Big Ten) and the Spartans (7-6, 1-1 Big Ten) is set for 2 p.m. (CT) at the Breslin Center with live television coverage provided by the Big Ten Network and the Fox Sports App. The game also can be heard on the Huskers Radio Network (B107.3 FM, Lincoln; ESPN 590 AM, Omaha), Huskers.com and the Huskers App with Matt Coatney and Jeff Griesch on the call.

Nebraska's tip time at Michigan State moved Monday from 1 to 2 p.m. (CT), when the conference added the game to the Big Ten Network TV schedule.

At the conclusion of the Wyoming game Matt mentioned that he thought the Huskers really wanted a shot at MSU. Is there something there I'm not remembering? Pretty sure both those games were wins last year. Is it just because they're the next conference opponent and an opportunity for a precious road win? Or something more?

27 minutes ago, hoop_head said:

At the conclusion of the Wyoming game Matt mentioned that he thought the Huskers really wanted a shot at MSU. Is there something there I'm not remembering? Pretty sure both those games were wins last year. Is it just because they're the next conference opponent and an opportunity for a precious road win? Or something more?

Googled an article.  It mentioned, our home game with MSU, was cancelled due to Nebraska covid concerns towards the end of last season. Also mentioned, this is the only regular season meeting between the two teams this year.  Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Might just be, some rivalries are developing in the B1G.  Should be a good one.

This game with MSU is probably going to be a good indicator of where we really are as a team this year. They're at this point a mid pack B1G team. We've got to prove we're not.

They have lost a couple of players, but have also seen the pace pick up for themselves. Their having sort of an up and down year so far, but they have decent size inside, and some quickness, and shooters, in their guards. The key is probably Clouden...must slow her down a lot. The balance of the team is newer, but there's some talent. 

As always, must look at the fact we play on their home court. That's worth a least 10 points in the B1G.  

Game Page Headline mentions the same thing, but no follow-up in the article.  I think your (and Red Steve's) conclusion that its the next game (they're all important) in the conference run and (hopefully) a road win is probably it rather than their being something more too it.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/12/28/womens-basketball-huskers-hungry-for-shot-at-spartans.aspx

23 minutes ago, HUD said:

My memory of last years Mich. St. at NU is a little different.  They are the ones that backed out of what was probably a loss for them.  That cost us a chance for a winning record for regular season.  Also I don't like their (Barbie Doll) coach.

I was basing my post on an article from SBNation. It did appear to have an MSU bias.  Quote is: "It marks the third-straight game in the series at the Breslin Center after last year’s late season game in Lincoln was canceled just hours before tip-off due to contract tracing concerns among the Husker program."

We're getting mugged so far in the first half....beat up physically.  And as happened many times before....not many called fouls.

Must get physical and pound the boards...getting beat there. Our three shooting....ouch

Clouden is their offense primarily. 

Edited by redsteve