Time for another contest

cipsucks

6 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

A great roast alternative (I actually use it to make Birria Tacos and leftovers for home made Mac-N-Cheesse/fried rice/eggs) is Osso Buco. It is always in demand and I'm usually on a waiting list. Worth.The.Wait.

Very thick cut (looks like steak) with the bone in. I usually freeze the left over Birria consome/sauce.

Meat from there is of such high quality and the taste is fantastic.  My family notices the difference.

They have pre-formed hamburger patties that I grill up in the summer that are always a hit.

They serve a great pork Osso Buco at The Prairie Club by Valentine.  Succulent dish.  I recommend it highly if you are in the area.  

Edited by HB

On 2/5/2022 at 1:41 PM, cipsucks said:

In about twenty minutes real time, 49r will take all the pins out of his Fred Hoiberg voodoo doll....

Thank you @cipsucks for running these contests this season.  It's provided us all a little bit of excitement/fun in an otherwise bleak and depressing season.  I promise you I did not think I stood even the remotest chance of winning, which makes the season that much more depressing!  😀

But nevertheless these steaks will be very much enjoyed!  Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

By the way @cipsucks, we grilled the steaks two saturdays ago (both my nephew and I were celebrating our birthdays) and I gotta say they were excellent.  We had the two NY Strips and one of the Sirloins between the three of us.  Three thumbs up!  I am normally a NY Strip man and these are superb but I was really impressed with the Sirloin.  Big and lean and thick.  Perfect!

I would highly recommend to anyone that has not yet tried https://nebraskastarbeef.com products, to go ahead and do so ASAP, you will not be disappointed!  (And for those of you that have already...what are you waiting for?  It's time to order again!!!) 😁

Thanks again cip!  It really made our birthdays!!!

By the way [mention=107]cipsucks[/mention], we grilled the steaks two saturdays ago (both my nephew and I were celebrating our birthdays) and I gotta say they were excellent.  We had the two NY Strips and one of the Sirloins between the three of us.  Three thumbs up!  I am normally a NY Strip man and these are superb but I was really impressed with the Sirloin.  Big and lean and thick.  Perfect!

I would highly recommend to anyone that has not yet tried https://nebraskastarbeef.com products, to go ahead and do so ASAP, you will not be disappointed!  (And for those of you that have already...what are you waiting for?  It's time to order again!!!) 

I still have mine in the freezer.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, 49r said:

By the way @cipsucks, we grilled the steaks two saturdays ago (both my nephew and I were celebrating our birthdays) and I gotta say they were excellent.  We had the two NY Strips and one of the Sirloins between the three of us.  Three thumbs up!  I am normally a NY Strip man and these are superb but I was really impressed with the Sirloin.  Big and lean and thick.  Perfect!

I would highly recommend to anyone that has not yet tried https://nebraskastarbeef.com products, to go ahead and do so ASAP, you will not be disappointed!  (And for those of you that have already...what are you waiting for?  It's time to order again!!!) 😁

I can second the qualify of the steaks is incredible.  My problem is they are too good for me as I am far from a wizard on the grill or other cooking devices.  

17 hours ago, 49r said:

Perfect idea. Just bought myself a BIG gift for a milestone. Now, should I share it...... 🤔

Thanks, everyone for the kind words! We still have another contest to do. Because jimmy and Norm are great posters, I committed to giving away two wagyu 14oz. ribeye steaks.  Problem is, I can't come up with a contest to do it.  So, let's do two contests in one.  Whoever comes up with the best contest for the steaks, wins either a nice jerky package or some burgers.  I'd like to give the steaks away before Mother's Day, so the challenge you have is to come up with ideas here in the next few weeks.  No parameters.  Doesn't have to be Husker sports related, just has to be something that a definitive number can be determined.  (e.g. the score of the NU women's sand volleyball first game).  I'll pick the winner, however, likes on the topic will be a big deciding factor.

Thanks for helping me out!

2 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Coach K just won his 100th NCAA tournament game last night - a remarkable accomplishment.  We should have a contest for the date that Nebrasketball wins their 100th NCAA tournament game.

Hell the contest could be when they win their first!

12 hours ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

Coach K just won his 100th NCAA tournament game last night - a remarkable accomplishment.  We should have a contest for the date that Nebrasketball wins their 100th NCAA tournament game.

I'd say 2037, but I expect after we win the next 9 national titles they will quit sending us to Dayton; so, 2038.

Here's the contest and we can still do two in one.  This is for all the row 6 seat 10 people. Hats off to you!  

Total score of the women's Championship game closest to, but not going over, wins the ribeyes.  I grew up watching Bob Barker. 🙂  Here's the catch, and the consolation prize:  you have to post a video clip from a movie or song with your prediction.  Whom ever gets the most likes on their post, gets the consolation prize.  I'll start....

154 total points

Edited by cipsucks