Time for another contest

cipsucks

10 hours ago, Red Don said:

We Have A WINNER!!!!!

💣🎇🧨

:ph34r: I heard that @49rsaid Steak Dinners are on Him!!! 🎇🎇🎇  (He's Cooking. 😬 Will let us know the Time & Place 🥴 )

Whatta Guy!!!!  😄

Love Nebraska Star Beef. Order beef from there all the time. The 10lb bundle is a consistent order. The best part is supporting Nebraska ranchers. 

3 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Meat question..

We like Beef loins on smoker and have had trouble finding some lately.  Is that the same as the hanger steak listed on website?

No.  You wouldn't be happy smoking a hanger steak compared to a loin.

Edited by cipsucks

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

No.  You wouldn't be happy smoking a hanger steak compared to a loin.

I think they were talking about this cut on the McGowens podcast but whoever the sponsor was called it a hanging tenderloin steak which really gives the wrong impression.

I pm'd Conk about this, but for all you smokers out there who are looking for a less expensive alternative to tenderloins, tri tips are a really good choice.  It's a great roast and hard to find.  Anyone interested can pm me for more info.  I'm not trying to sell stuff here, just want to help out people who have suffered as much as me these last several decades. 

17 hours ago, cipsucks said:

I pm'd Conk about this, but for all you smokers out there who are looking for a less expensive alternative to tenderloins, tri tips are a really good choice.  It's a great roast and hard to find.  Anyone interested can pm me for more info.  I'm not trying to sell stuff here, just want to help out people who have suffered as much as me these last several decades. 

Tri tip is very much a west coast cut

22 hours ago, cipsucks said:

A great roast alternative (I actually use it to make Birria Tacos and leftovers for home made Mac-N-Cheesse/fried rice/eggs) is Osso Buco. It is always in demand and I'm usually on a waiting list. Worth.The.Wait.

Very thick cut (looks like steak) with the bone in. I usually freeze the left over Birria consome/sauce.

Meat from there is of such high quality and the taste is fantastic.  My family notices the difference.

They have pre-formed hamburger patties that I grill up in the summer that are always a hit.