uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 13 - vs. Kennesaw State

uneblinstu

26 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Since this is bag-on-Bryce (well-deserved, of course), it’s also worthwhile to note that, when he fouled out, we were up by 22.  

We've seen how much heart and effort Trey plays with. Both his parents are coaches. To me this is an intervention, not a hit party.  Somewhere in there is a guy that can give effort on both ends of the floor even if his own coaches might not be demanding it.

19 hours ago, huskerbill85 said:

You didn't think the ball movement was better?

Not dramatically.  Some instances yes.  But the biggest difference is that we knocked down the open looks.  Against Kansas State, at one time we were once 5 - 10 on three-pointers and then we painfully missed 18 straight 3 pointers.  Some of them were due to bad selection.  But oftentimes, we simply clanked open looks.  Many times, those open looks were created by decent passing/movement. 

So yes, it can seem like movement improved, in my humble opinion hitting shots cures many ills...or there is an appearance of healing those woes.  It sort of a band-aide over the owie.  I just think that shooting over Big Ten defenders is much more difficult than shooting over a pretty woeful Kennesaw State.  So is our offense flexible enough to adjust our approach.  So far, we have not shown that flexibility.