Kennesaw State (4-7) vs. Nebraska (5-7) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

33 minutes ago, tcp said:

this game a bit easier on the system, at least. so far, it's still tied and the opponent hasn't even scored yet! ok, NU hasn't either. But still! Keep it this close, Huskers!

Yeah, I think this fact is being lost on a lot of people over on the Hot Seat thread.  You can't argue the fact that we've been competitive in every game before tipoff and I would bet a lot of money that is the case in this game as well.

Denny Zager was born in Wymore and now lives in Lincoln. He builds guitars. Rick Evans was born in Lincoln and is deceased. (L. Kent Wolgamott wrote an interesting eulogy for him in a 2019 LJS piece, for those interested).  I couldn't find where they went to high school. Thanks for the memories of 1969, Cip-the year I got married.

Edited by jimmykc

This is totally off topic, but are we about to a point where PBA will allow us to start bringing our own food?  I'm guessing it's staffing issues (no longer allowing volunteers?).  Concession stands have limes around the block and most of them are closed. With a packed arena, having three on the main floor, hell the one on the first floor is closed as well.  Also lack of choices, hotdog or pizza screams that they need to get Runza in there. 

6 hours ago, Nighthawk said:

This is totally off topic, but are we about to a point where PBA will allow us to start bringing our own food?  I'm guessing it's staffing issues (no longer allowing volunteers?).  Concession stands have limes around the block and most of them are closed. With a packed arena, having three on the main floor, hell the one on the first floor is closed as well.  Also lack of choices, hotdog or pizza screams that they need to get Runza in there. 

Getting frustrated with the food as well.  I know it is not their fault as they are having trouble finding workers as well but there are no options and the lines are too long.  Going to pick up fast food on the way home from work and eat super fast before heading back downtown for the game.  So if I have indigestion I won't know if it is from the food or the way the team plays.  

2 hours ago, BjoeHusker said:

If I added correctly, Kennesaw State has lost 48 consecutive road games. Just what we need…

Colorado had lost 28 straight conference road games, and 100 out of their last 101, when they came into the Devaney Center on February 25, 1995.  With the help of some lack of court awareness by Mikki Moore in the last few minutes, they came out with an 80-74 win; Nebraska dropped to 17-10, 4-8 in the conference, and almost all hope of a fifth straight NCAA Tournament appearance was gone.

I didn't see a large part of that game because Lil' Red was standing in front of me.  Whoever thought up that monstrosity should have molasses poured over their sensitive region and then be staked out on top of an anthill.