Best Nebraska Men's Basketball Coach This Century?

Norm Peterson

Who is the Best Nebraska Men's Basketball Coach this Century?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Nebraska men's basketball coach this century? (Not counting the overlap season of 1999-2000)

• Barry Collier, 2000-2006, 89-91 (36-60), 2 trips to the NIT, 7-9 best conference record
    • Doc Sadler, 2006-2012, 101-89 (34-64), 3 trips to the NIT, 8-8 best conference record
    • Tim Miles, 2012-2019, 116-114 (52-76), 1 NCAA appearance, 2 trips to the NIT, 13-5 best conference record
    • Fred Hoiberg, 2019-present, 19-51 (5-36), no post-season appearances, 3-16 best conference record

I've thrown in information on career W/L records, post-season appearances, etc. That's just for some context. You don't have to rely on that information to make your choice. You can use whatever metric you want. Those stats are by no means the only relevant pieces of information a person could use to make this determination. I did not, for example, look at how many all-conference players each coach produced, or what their average Kenpom rankings were. Those might be useful pieces of information as well. Use whatever you think is relevant. 

Currently-- It has to be Tim Miles, though I thought it might be a little closer by this point in time.

I'm still hopeful this will change in the next few years... but it isn't a bright outlook right now.  Still time to turn it around.

BTW-- happy to see Tim having some success out in Cali.  Undefeated at home so far (reminds me of the year where we couldn't lose at PBA)

i went with Doc. A. Mites still my favorite team ever. B: did more with less. C. Consistent D. Miles had the two best seasons, but also two of the most befuddling crappy ones, too.

It comes down to your measuring standards. But I can't concede that Miles is a runaway choice by any stretch. After all, they were all canned/encouraged to depart for a reason. 

1 hour ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Better than what we have, at least he had teams that didn't lose by 30.  And Danny kept most of the Nebraska kids in Nebraska.

Danny was just 4-12 or thereabouts in the 21st century at Nebraska.

(20th century Danny Nee > 21st century Danny Nee)

11 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Are you going with "coach to be named later"?

Sorry, that's not one of the options. This isn't the NBA draft. We can't trade for future picks. I don't make the rules.

😉

Miles has to be the answer but I really, really thought Hoiberg would lead us out of our Basketball desert.  We have certainly been irrelevant this century.