Armstead Hired as Nebraska Senior Woman Administrator

HuskerFever

211216_Marquita_Armstead_Hire_16x9.jpg?w

In her position with the Huskers, Armstead will have sport supervision for men's basketball and volleyball. She will be a member of the Big Ten Sport Management Council, and has oversight of athletic medicine, sports psychology, the athletic performance lab (NAPL), strength and conditioning, performance nutrition, Title IX and gender equity.

https://huskers.com/news/2021/12/16/athletics-armstead-hired-as-nebraska-senior-woman-administrator.aspx

Edited by HuskerFever
Added link.

51 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Is this similar to what Marc Bohm did? I hope I spelled the last name right.

She is taking over for Pat Logsdon and has men's basketball added on to that.  No idea if she will be as day to day as Boehm.  Boehm got spun off the day to day of basketball towards external things like ticketing and marketing at the start of the Hoiberg era and Moos took on a 'more active role.'

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

She is taking over for Pat Logsdon and has men's basketball added on to that.  No idea if she will be as day to day as Boehm.  Boehm got spun off the day to day of basketball towards external things like ticketing and marketing at the start of the Hoiberg era and Moos took on a 'more active role.'

Okay, thanks.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

You mean like Marc Boehm?

Oh God, I can see it now: "We have NO IDEA what she does, but she must be doing a terrible job of it because we aren't winning."

At least she gets to claim credit for volleyball, though, right?

Forget the dead horse....one would have to go about beating a batch of glue given the last 3 years and Lee B retiring.

Rocky start for Ms. Armstead. We'll see how things go with basketball tonight, but our normally excellent volleyball squad has lost half of its matches since she came on board.

Let's be honest here: though none of us really had any idea what his job duties were, we can at least all agree that even Marc Boehm didn't screw up volleyball.

(Since no one else is making Marc Boehm jokes in this thread, I guess you've left it up to me. Challenge accepted.)