Big Ten 2021-22 matchups....

whoopdeedoo

thought i would start a thread for anyone that would like to comment on any Big Ten games.

Minny vs Michigan: minnesota had a 7 pt lead early in the 3rd quarter (@ Michigan). minny had 21 to's that turned into 29 pts for michigan. Brown and Hillmon lead the way offensively. i was a little surprised Hillmon only had 8 rebounds. seems a bit low for her. Dilk has not returned from her injury. supposedly listed as "day to day". Minny played pretty bad and still hung in there till around middle of the 4th quarter or so. know it's early, and, Dilk isn't playing.....however, that #13 rating for Michigan seems a bit high. maybe things change when Dilk returns.

watched Indiana blowout OSU. wow...no doubt Holmes will be right up there for Big Ten POY. if Indiana stays healthy, they could very well give Maryland all they can handle for top spot in the Big Ten. Indiana is good...really good! Maryland did just give SC a run for their money losing by 6 or 7? Maryland was only down by 2 with less than a minute left, i believe.

watched ISU defeat Iowa....a few on the Iowa side sure like to make faces at the refs whenever called for a foul....with Clark being the most demonstrative. the two ISU guards are fun to watch (not to mention Joens). Clark not dropping the 3's like she did last season (so far), however, she does get her points.

probably need to see a few more husker big ten matches, BUT.....😉

Edited by whoopdeedoo

We recruited Emily heavily.  It came down to us and Iowa St. and probably at that time their program was a step ahead of ours.  As it turns out I will take Jaz.

The way I see us stacking up in the big Ten is Maryland and Indiana as the top teams.  Next level Michigan and Iowa with Ohio State and us very close to breaking into that second group.  If we continue to improve and stay healthy a top four finish as we had in 2017 would be a possibility.  We have a really young team that is on an upward trajectory.

4 hours ago, whoopdeedoo said:

watched ISU defeat Iowa....a few on the Iowa side sure like to make faces at the refs whenever called for a foul....with Clark being the most demonstrative. the two ISU guards are fun to watch (not to mention Joens). Clark not dropping the 3's like she did last season (so far), however, she does get her points.

Clark is undoubtedly a great, probably generational type player, but you also can tell she is an arrogant little whiner.  I'm sure that attitude has rubbed off on the rest of the Iowegia players.

Watched Indiana play NCSU.  Very close game until final minutes.  Indiana did not shoot the ball well, but NCSU really didn't shoot well, either, so I think their relative ratings are probably about right.

My scouting of Indiana:

They are both fast and quick with excellent ball handling.  Going to be very hard to guard.  They put a lot of defensive pressure on the ball in the halfcourt.

The post player doesn't appear to be that big, but she gets good position, has excellent moves and footwork.  When she got the ball, she kind of made Cunane from NCSU, who is taller and a pretty good player, look silly at times.  Made several tough shots and drew a bunch of fouls.

Look for Indiana No. 4 (if I recall correctly) to pressure the ball intensely and apply every mode of histrionics known to mankind to get an offensive foul called.  I've never seen so many ridiculous arm flailings, head jerks and flops before.  The other players pull the same crap, just not with the gusto that No. 4 does.

Haven't seen the other top B1G teams play, but Indiana is the real deal as already mentioned.

i'm being rather "reserved" at the moment....trying to hold back a bit of excitement. after maryland, indiana, and possibly iowa...huskers may have a shot at being in that top 5. watched games of Michigan, MSU, NW, and even though NW has that good recruiting class, i think the huskers could be right there with them. yeah, huskers might need a bounce here and there to go their way, but, i think they might have a good shot at fighting for a top 5 position in the Big Ten. no doubt, gotta win some road games. minny is a start.

GBR VOLLEYBALL!

Edited by whoopdeedoo