The opposite of love is not hate

Norm Peterson

10 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Correct, Indifference spells empty seats, & therein lies the REAL crux of the matter…

If people on this forum are losing interest, average joe husker fan is definitely there as well. I don't have season tickets, but usually go to a couple games. This year I am far more likely to catch a couple Woman's games, than I am a Men's game. 

Rollercoaster!

This season has been a 5* ride.  I think back to my reaction following the worthless yet exhilarating exhibition win against Colorado (how are they playing?) to the directional school loss, the Creighton fiasco to the 4 OT loss now the last two blowout embarrassments.   Whew! What's next??? I shudder to imagine!

49 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Rollercoaster!

This season has been a 5* ride.  I think back to my reaction following the worthless yet exhilarating exhibition win against Colorado (how are they playing?) to the directional school loss, the Creighton fiasco to the 4 OT loss now the last two blowout embarrassments.   Whew! What's next??? I shudder to imagine!

given the nature of this post, vve can change the song to Rollercoaster of Indifference.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not saying I'm running out of steam, but I'm reminded of a comment from a social worker I used to know who used to lose sleep worrying about things other people repeatedly kept doing to themselves, and finally resolved, "I'm not going to care more about their problems than they care about them themselves."

Pretty good summary for me, @Norm Peterson.  I'll give a shit about this team once they prove they give a shit about themselves.  Until then, college hoops is pretty low down on the priority list in my life.  I'm pretty grateful for that too, TBH.

We’ve all seen our share of Cornhusker teams that weren’t very good. But you usually had the sense when they pulled on that Red & White jersey it “meant” something because it certainly means a lot to people associated with this University & State. I’m through speculating what ails them, but 8 more weeks like the one we just had is hard to wrap my head around.

11 hours ago, The Polish Rifle said:

If people on this forum are losing interest, average joe husker fan is definitely there as well. I don't have season tickets, but usually go to a couple games. This year I am far more likely to catch a couple Woman's games, than I am a Men's game. 

Took my daughter to the Michigan game, and at halftime she told me the next time we go, it should be a women's game. I can't disagree 

15 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not saying I'm running out of steam, but I'm reminded of a comment from a social worker I used to know who used to lose sleep worrying about things other people repeatedly kept doing to themselves, and finally resolved, "I'm not going to care more about their problems than they care about them themselves."

It makes it very difficult for me to want to make the drive from Omaha. There is usually something else I can and should be doing.

I can't even give my tickets(200 section isle seats) away to games, unless that person happens to be a fan of the opposing team.

I'll still go to some games but only if it is an early weekday or weekend game and I don't have anything else I should be doing like waiting in line at the DMV, or shopping with my wife.

On 12/11/2021 at 9:26 PM, Norm Peterson said:

The opposite of love is indifference.

That’s it. That’s the post.

Cheers,

Norm

The opposite of love is hate.  Indifference is halfway in between.  It gives satan a chance to get you away from love and get you closer to hate.  Merry Christmas everyone!  Focus on love!