In State Team

Can someone help me list all the dudes playing D1 bball right now that came from Nebraska?

Chucky Hepburn (Wisconsin)

Hunter Saillis (Gonzaga)

Baylor Scheierman (SD State)

John Tonje (Colorado State)

Max Murrell (Stanford)

Shereef Mitchell (Creighton)

Sam Griesel (ND State)

That’s 7 off the top of my head. Are these dudes, plus filling in positional gaps from elsewhere, better than the team we have? 

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Can someone help me list all the dudes playing D1 bball right now that came from Nebraska?

Hunter Saillis (Gonzaga)

Max Murrell (Stanford)

Sam Griesel (ND State)

That’s 7 off the top of my head. Are these dudes, plus filling in positional gaps from elsewhere, better than the team we have? 

Charlie Easley doesn’t lose to Washington State!!

23 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Hunter Saillis (Gonzaga)

Max Murrell (Stanford)

Sam Griesel (ND State)

Matt A doesn’t think Nebraska kids are very good. 

1 minute ago, GoBigFred said:

Tim Miles didn’t either. Yes he recruited Chucky and Hunter. But did very little in-state recruiting before that and did his best to ignore the high school coaches in the state. 
Mike Daum, Justin Patton, Tyler Hagedorn, Treshawn Thurman, Tredeon Hollins, Mike Gesell, Nick Billingsley, Triston Simpson, Akoy Agau, Aguek Arop, Jalen Bradley, Mitch Hahn, etc.  

13 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

99% aren’t! 

Just has always seemed to me randos from out of state/out of country get a benefit of the doubt our in state kids never get. 

My opinion… if you could truly make in state kids feel valued and welcome, you could spend a SIGNIFICANT more amount of time recruiting special players from out of state. Find your role players here. 

Also… if you aren’t going to be very good, I’d rather be not very good with local kids I know that bad mercenaries year after year. 

Edited by basketballjones

5 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

99% aren’t! 

Just has always seemed to me randos from out of state/out of country get a benefit of the doubt our in state kids never get. 

My opinion… if you could truly make in state kids feel valued and welcome, you could spend a SIGNIFICANT more amount of time recruiting special players from out of state. Find your role players here. 

Also… if you aren’t going to be very good, I’d rather be not very good with local kids I know that bad mercenaries year after year. 

Oh I’m with you 100%. I know for a fact we’ve lost on a lot of Nebraska kids because we either showed no interest or we showed half-ass interest. 

13 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Tim Miles didn’t either. Yes he recruited Chucky and Hunter. But did very little in-state recruiting before that and did his best to ignore the high school coaches in the state. 
Mike Daum, Justin Patton, Tyler Hagedorn, Treshawn Thurman, Tredeon Hollins, Mike Gesell, Nick Billingsley, Triston Simpson, Akoy Agau, Aguek Arop, Jalen Bradley, Mitch Hahn, etc.  

Miles didn't at the beginning. He was starting to fix that but it wasn't in time to reap anything from it.

17 hours ago, millerhusker said:

What difference does this make currently? Tim hasn’t been here for a few seasons. 

This is like football fans still bringing up Pelini

1 hour ago, Jugular said:

What difference does this make currently? Tim hasn’t been here for a few seasons. 

This is like football fans still bringing up Pelini

Didn’t mean to make it seem like I was bashing Miles. Doc didn’t do a good job of recruiting local players either. Just pointing out that there have been a lot of talented in-state players who have had very successful college careers at other schools. We could’ve put together some really good teams with those guys over the years.