uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 11 - vs. Auburn

uneblinstu

2 hours ago, thrasher31 said:

Bad game against a great team. Wendell green got whatever he wanted all game and they were hitting shots. 

Week off before k state on the Sunday after finals. If Fred wants to adjust some things and install some new things, this is the time to do it. K state just became a huge game for the direction of the season. 

lol  direction of the season..???  not sure I see this season going anywhere!

3 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yep, Kevin Durant was there, seemed to be tryin' to slyly eat his nachos courtside. 😉

Good one, I saw the highlights played on another network & it looked like the Globetrotters vs. the Generals…

Edited by Handy Johnson

Our bench played 64 minutes and

got the grand total of 4 rebounds!

That equates to 12.5 boards for an entire game. Unbelievable.

They had 9 turnovers which equates to 28 in an entire game. Unbelievable.

They had 1 whole assist. Unbelievable.

In the past our bench usually played better then our starters.

If Bryce is a 1 and done then count me as confused.

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

Listen, while you may be right, today was an L I had chalked up. I'm still wanting a successful season and going to root for one. Never will I be a doom and gloom person. Not happy, but it's a long season. 

we all knew it would be an L, I get that. 

Here are all the teams that 8-1 Auburn has beaten by 30+ points this year:

Nebraska. 

Edited by GoBigFred

What I think magnifies the feelings right now is that we aren't even competitive.  You know-- if we're losing games by 1-10 points, having to foul in the end, etc. then I think that feelings would be somewhat subdued from what they are.  No one is going to be happy of course with any loss, but at least not as mad.  With that being said....

I told my wife that I'd go shopping with her.... during the game... and that should tell you everything you need to know about my feelings with the season right now.  Of course... you know I can't just not watch a train wreck, so I pulled it up on my phone while we were shopping.  You definitely get the sense of a "here we go again" mentality when things start going south.  Unfortunately, that's a tough mentality to uproot once it lays a foundation.

It's one thing to lose, and it's another thing to not play hard, let the other team "toy" around with you, and for you to roll over and die.  Unfortunately, we were the latter today it felt like.  There were times where I felt that Auburn was merely just toying around with us.  Like we were some SWAC team that came in for a paycheck and knew we were probably going to lose.  I didn't see much fire today once things started to go south.  Someone is going to have to stand up and say "enough is enough" when something like this starts happening again.  And it's going to happen again.  Look at our schedule and tell me you feel confident in getting to 7-10 wins.

It's gotta get better.  At some point we HAVE to get better right?