uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 11 - vs. Auburn

uneblinstu

Honestly, there isn't really much to say right now...it's pretty bleak...

• Auburn is what I was hoping NU would be by this point under Hoiberg.
  • Glad to see Wilcher get back on track a little bit.
  • Auburn's one-and-done player looks like a whole different caliber of player than ours...
  • This didn't feel to me as bad as the Michigan game, for the most part, but this team is in a bad, bad spot right now... 
  • If McPherson's game is as good as his bench energy is, I'm excited to see what he brings to the court.

37 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I simply do not appreciate, understand or accept the way we play the game.  Perhaps we will work through this ugliness.  But right now we are playing BAD basketball, and we are a BAD basketball team.

Your comment back on their opening scrimmage night really has stuck with me when you mentioned their effort and some of the things they were doing. Disturbing weve continued to see the same thing in games.

First of all, I must apologize.  A couple of weeks ago I defended our defense and defensive schemes.   I was wrong.   I am not sure how or what happened but the scheme is NOT working.  We are not defending anything nor are we in a position to rebound so we are doubling down on ineptness.

And on offense, I am sorry, we currently appear clueless. 

Do we miss Trey that much???  That is a question that may have more depth than a simple yes or no answer.  Because right now I question the character and chemistry of this team

Edited by Huskerpapa

Bad game against a great team. Wendell green got whatever he wanted all game and they were hitting shots. 

Week off before k state on the Sunday after finals. If Fred wants to adjust some things and install some new things, this is the time to do it. K state just became a huge game for the direction of the season. 

Post game notes

*- Nebraska falls to 0-1 this season against ranked teams

*-Today was Nebraska’s first game against a ranked SEC opponent since 1995

*-Derrick Walker posted his second double-double of the season and his career with 10 points and 10 rebounds. He also tied season bests in assists (4, also vs. NC State), steals (2, four other times) and blocked shots (2, also vs. NC State)

*-Walker went 4-of-4 from the field today and now has hit 38 of his last 44 shots (.863) dating back to Nov. 19

*-C. J. Wilcher broke out of a shooting slump with a career-high 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting, including 4-of-6 from 3-point range. It topped his previous best of 15 on two other occasions, most recently against Tennessee State on Nov. 23

*-Keisei Tominaga tied a career high in steals with three. He also had 3 vs. Western Illinois

5 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Post game notes

*- Nebraska falls to 0-1 this season against ranked teams

*-Today was Nebraska’s first game against a ranked SEC opponent since 1995

*-Derrick Walker posted his second double-double of the season and his career with 10 points and 10 rebounds. He also tied season bests in assists (4, also vs. NC State), steals (2, four other times) and blocked shots (2, also vs. NC State)

*-Walker went 4-of-4 from the field today and now has hit 38 of his last 44 shots (.863) dating back to Nov. 19

*-C. J. Wilcher broke out of a shooting slump with a career-high 17 points on 6-of-9 shooting, including 4-of-6 from 3-point range. It topped his previous best of 15 on two other occasions, most recently against Tennessee State on Nov. 23

*-Keisei Tominaga tied a career high in steals with three. He also had 3 vs. Western Illinois

Walker has played extremely well this season. Also, good to see C.J. break out of his slump.

36 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

We’ll, there WAS an NBA player on the Court today. He was wearing Orange, playing with a legit Big Man & a bevy of talented guards. Don’t be surprised if they’re cutting down the nets when it’s all said & done…

Yep, Kevin Durant was there, seemed to be tryin' to slyly eat his nachos courtside. 😉

Edited by AuroranHusker