Andy Markowski Interview

bkamler

Andy was on Schmitty’s radio show in 1480.

Schmitty asked Andy what he thought of the game and Andy said he only saw some of the 2nd half but he has seen this before.

He was asked if the Huskers have enough time to turn it around and he said yes as to time. However he said where do you start?

Paraphrasing:

Defense is bad

Rebounding is bad

Movement without the ball is non-existent 

Shooting is bad

No leadership

No effective big man

and the biggest No is there us No coaching!

He said FH was a very good coach at ISU but he said he sees very little passion on the sideline and doesn’t know why.

Looks like a very long, terrible season.

Hope not.

1 hour ago, bkamler said:

Schmitty asked Andy what he thought of the game and Andy said he only saw some of the 2nd half but he has seen this before.

He was asked if the Huskers have enough time to turn it around and he said yes as to time. However he said where do you start?

Paraphrasing:

Defense is bad

Rebounding is bad

Shooting is bad

No leadership

No effective big man

He said FH was a very good coach at ISU but he said he sees very little passion on the sideline and doesn’t know why.

Hope not.

he makes us sound bad.

4 hours ago, bkamler said:

Paraphrasing:

Defense is bad

Rebounding is bad

Shooting is bad

No leadership

No effective big man

Hope not.

Do they screen questions when FH is on a call in show? Maybe someone needs to ask about the lack of passion.  I hear there is a pill for that. 

I wonder how much longer he plans on coaching. He recruits like he plans on staying, but man he looks disinterested. 

Every time out last night, he talked to the team for maybe 1/2 the timeout and then the players just stood on the court for about 2 minutes. I think he called 3 timeouts in about 5 minutes and each time out he did this.. It was baffling.

Meanwhile, Michigan was in the huddle the entire time out, you know, getting coached.

On 12/9/2021 at 6:20 PM, hhcmatt said:

For better or worse Andy has made a non-career with his unfiltered opinions

He once came to my ELEMENTARY school, as a player, and told us he was so good at free throws cause he imagined a beautiful naked woman in the crowd. That absolutely stuck with me. 

On 12/8/2021 at 11:01 PM, Nighthawk said:

Do they screen questions when FH is on a call in show? Maybe someone needs to ask about the lack of passion.  I hear there is a pill for that. 

Something about coach call in shows that are a bit cringe. I don't listen to them as there rarely any good insights or questions from the caller.