What do we do well?

dustystehl

We don't shoot the three well.

We don't defend the three well. 

We don't defend well PERIOD.

We don't move the ball on offense.

I guess we are a decent free-throw shooting team, but we don't shoot many per game. And missed FTs cost us wins against Western Illinois and NC State.

Do we do anything well?

4 minutes ago, HB said:

Actually , we didn’t tonight, on numerous occasions.  

Of course not.  You don't lose by 35 by doing things well.  But as a general statement regarding this season, we've gotten back in transition.  Which also happens to be why a team that can't make a 3pt shot also can't snag an offensive rebound.  We are generally sending 3-4 guys back when a shot goes up.

2 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

We are good at basketball on days that don't end in "Y"

We are good at eliminating hope early in a season so we don't have to have a 60+ page bubble watch thread to needlessly discuss who we need to lose when we all know we will likely get screwed anyways.

Delaware State is currently #355 and Marist is #236 right now, in case anyone (cough cough @royalfan) was wondering.

What they do, or rather have done well is cause my group of twenty or so friends to stop going or watching games after enduring decades of middling to little success. When Hoiberg first came here I immediately thought he would rapidly take us to heights never achieved at NU and consequently be snatched away by a school like Duke or N. Carolina and we would collapse back into our historic place in the hierarchy of the conference: read: the bottom. Now I couldn't care less what happens primarily because I don't think any good, let alone, great coach would ever consider NU as a desirable job, and it would take a great one to win at a toilet like NU, so it doesn't matter if they keep Hoiberg or not. Same with Frost. They will produce shit from here to eternity. A few years back this current scenario would have seen nearly impossible. Hoiberg and Frost are the worst two coaches in the modern era at the school in their respective sports. Stunning.