uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 10 - vs Michigan

uneblinstu

I want my season ticket money back too.  Ive been to 2 games this year and that will probably be all.  Not worth making the drive from Omaha to waste a bunch of money on crappy food at crappy restaurants around there to see this crappy product.  The fact that I cant even have a beer at that arena blows my mind.  I feel really bad for Kent.  That dude needs to see a tourney win. 

25 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

As in replacing himself?  Between the reports of the lack of attention to detail in Chicago and what we're seeing here you have to wonder what sort of training wheels came with that Iowa St job.

It's become crystal clear now that TJ was the straw that stirred that drink at ISU.  Sadly, it seems that we hired the wrong guy.

Edited by 49r

7 minutes ago, 49r said:

It's become crystal clear now that TJ was the straw that stirred that drink at ISU.  Sadly, we hired the wrong guy.

Hoiberg went 53-17 and made a sweet 16 after TJ left so I’m not sure how that’s true. 

On top of that, he was an assistant under Mcdermott who had a 18-46 record in the Big 12 while at ISU. 

Edited by huskerbaseball13

It’s become far worse than I imagined.  I was hoping for improvement over last season. Not seeing it and am losing, or lost hope of improvement.

Play people that want to play hard. Put the walk-ons out there with Lakes and Walker.  A message has to be sent from top down, Alberts to Hoiberg to players that this is unacceptable.

I didn’t expect to beat Michigan but I was shocked at our ineptitude.

2 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

It’s become far worse than I imagined.  I was hoping for improvement over last season. Not seeing it and am losing, or lost hope of improvement.

Play people that want to play hard. Put the walk-ons out there with Lakes and Walker.  A message has to be sent from top down, Alberts to Hoiberg to players that this is unacceptable.

I didn’t expect to beat Michigan but I was shocked at our ineptitude.

A friend of mine, who is big Michigan fan said this will likely be their worst season in the last 9-10yrs.

17 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Nice to throw the team under the wheels...but what are YOU, the head coach, going to do about it?  It sure looks like you, the coach, quit as well.  What effort did you make to create change?  Maybe you threw more gas on a raging inferno????  I cannot recall being so pissed at a husker basketball game for gawds sake.  Earn your money.  

So much hype and so little result.

22 minutes ago, coughunter said:

I want my season ticket money back too.  Ive been to 2 games this year and that will probably be all.  Not worth making the drive from Omaha to waste a bunch of money on crappy food at crappy restaurants around there to see this crappy product.  The fact that I cant even have a beer at that arena blows my mind.  I feel really bad for Kent.  That dude needs to see a tourney win. 

Omaha?  Shoot-- I'm trying to justify driving an hour and a half (one way) to sit in the 300's, buy my daughter an overpriced piece of pizza, and watch this.  It's sooooo disappointing because this was my first year as a ticket holder and I was jacked.  Now-- it's either go or eat the tickets because no one is buying 300 level tickets.

14 minutes ago, Roast Beef said:

It's just dog crap every single game. It's truly impressive Bill Moos managed to spend $7 million a year hiring two huge frauds to lead our highest-profile sports.

The crazy thing was, those were two of the biggest hires we could have made.  No one... and I mean no one... saw the kind of flops coming from BOTH of these hires.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Omaha?  Shoot-- I'm trying to justify driving an hour and a half (one way) to sit in the 300's, buy my daughter an overpriced piece of pizza, and watch this.  It's sooooo disappointing because this was my first year as a ticket holder and I was jacked.  Now-- it's either go or eat the tickets because no one is buying 300 level tickets.

Come sit down in the 100 level at least. There are plenty of spots.

35 minutes ago, doc1394 said:

What is the reasoning for redshirting McPherson? He at least acts like he’s cares on the bench. Isn’t he supposed to be a good defender? Let the kid play. 

When you have Trey out there we have more than enough guards so you're talking about playing another guy in an already bloated rotation simply to see if you get anything. I think it's more likely that McPherson is a 4 year college kid than he is a going to the NBA kid so it makes sense to actually try and develop him instead of just burning through yet another guy.

8 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I sit in 300's too.  Im done going to games this year.  Ive been a season ticket holder since Doc and Im done.  I have more important things to spend money and time on.  I'll still watch but from home.  Sucks wont be able to sell my tickets either.  Havent had one taker all year.

5 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nice to throw the team under the wheels...but what are YOU, the head coach, going to do about it?  It sure looks like you, the coach, quit as well.  What effort did you make to create change?  Maybe you threw more gas on a raging inferno????  I cannot recall being so pissed at a husker basketball game for gawds sake.  Earn your money.  

So much hype and so little result.

The 1st thing he should have done was tell them to stop shooting 3's unless your name is Tominaga on a set wide open shot.

Off of the others teams made baskets you have to hit midcourt in under 5 secs. Every shot attempt has to be made inside of 15 feet and no one holds the ball for more than 5 secs. 

Off our made buckets press coverage until your man hits midcourt, then switch to M-to-M. No switching, or helping unless the ball gets with in 5 feet of the basket. 

If you don't do these things then you will be on the bench. 

12 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I drive from Hastings to see the women play.