uneblinstu's postgame chatter: vol 14; ed 10 - vs Michigan

uneblinstu

Just now, thrasher31 said:

I've never left a game early until today. Auburn gonna be ugly. K state and Kennesaw state will both be games they need to win based on who they have. That's my expectation. 

Honestly-- don't think we stand much of a chance in the rest of our games outside of Kennesaw.  KSU is playing so much better than us right now.

4 minutes ago, throwback said:

These guys play like they hate each other.

Was honestly surprised when Verge hit the floor hard midway thru the 2nd half after another circus shot and a couple of guys eventually went over to try to pretend to help him up.  

I think they also hate the idea of winning

13 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Hoiberg may need to ready to make some staff changes

As in replacing himself?  Between the reports of the lack of attention to detail in Chicago and what we're seeing here you have to wonder what sort of training wheels came with that Iowa St job.

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm tired of Verge-on-5 offense.

Can we try some of that 4-out stuff?

He pissed me off today just as much as he did during SD. Way too much dribble moves and drive and throw up a shot. Put up good numbers and kept us in it, but getting the offense going needs to happen. Your offense can't be Verge in the big ten. 

Edit: as point guard, it's his responsibility to run the offense. He has succeeded in doing so in a few games out of 10 this year. That can't be a recipe for success.

Trey can't get back quick enough. If they keep the same starting lineup but just swap verge and Trey, I'll be in board. I think verge could be an outstanding 6th man to get buckets. But this can't work

Edited by thrasher31

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

I'm tired of Verge-on-5 offense.

Can we try some of that 4-out stuff?

Yup - it's time to end this experiment with him at PG. Utter joke. Try anyone else.

I spent most of the first 30 min of game time angry at him for the utter lack of effort on defense, dribbling through the zone press, and hero ball on offense. Then I remembered that the coaches are allowing it to happen. Until they decide to do something about it, we're stuck watching this trash.