Michigan (5-3) vs. Nebraska (5-4) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

18 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

We talk about upping the talent level here but I'm not sure anyone for Nebraska would start for Michigan

We also talk about how Hoiberg does less with more, but Michigan doesn’t even look like a tourney team right now and they have seven 4-stars and two 5-stars on the roster. 5th year senior point guard, two future lottery picks and a 7’1” center who was 2nd team All-America last year and they really struggled to beat Tarleton a couple weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

We also talk about how Hoiberg does less with more, but Michigan doesn’t even look like a tourney team right now and they have seven 4-stars and two 5-stars on the roster. 5th year senior point guard, two future lottery picks and a 7’1” center who was 2nd team All-America last year and they really struggled to beat Tarleton a couple weeks ago. 

...and yet I expect them to drill us by 20+.

17 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Here is freshman 5 star Caleb Houstan's KenPom game numbers. It would seem that Michigan's 3 losses correlate with his 3 worst games.

image.png

Tarleton State....Billy Clyde can still coach.

I look at this in a couple ways. 

-Jones has struggled mightily for them this year. Collins has arguably outplayed him. 

-with diabete out, they'll probably start John's, who is hitting 21% of his 3s. Pack the paint on Hunter with lat and force the kick out to John's. 

-houstan and McGowens will be the matchup of the game. McGowens is more of a downhill attacker and can get to the line and Houstan is the opposite. Very smooth game though. 

-verge vs Jones and Collins is another one to watch. If they get good verge tonight, I think the PG play is in our favor, which could tip the scales our way. 

I weirdly feel like they have a good chance this game. Especially with no diabete. 

If you want to diagnose what ails this team right now, and you're going to the game, I'd encourage you to watch pre-game warmups and the warmups at halftime.

Do they look like they're taking seriously the business at hand or no?

Does there appear to be a sense of purpose or no?

It's one thing to ham it up in warmups when you're winning all the time, but if you're horsing around in warmups and lay an egg in the first 5-10 minutes of the game ...