Hot Seat

GoBigRed

53 minutes ago, 49r said:

When the OWH starts reporting on scanned tickets numbers, the end cannot be far behind.  We all remember Barfknecht's crusade in Doc's last year...

He did it in Nee's last year.  That's when I knew he was not a sports journalist, but someone with an agenda.  Handy Johnson has a lot of explaining to do from someone from his hometown....

40 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

He did it in Nee's last year.  That's when I knew he was not a sports journalist, but someone with an agenda.  Handy Johnson has a lot of explaining to do from someone from his hometown....

Stop with the media agendas....he reported facts.  Be upset over the program not a media member stating facts.

2 hours ago, cipsucks said:

Lee & I studied under the same Journalism Teacher & he’s one of my All-time favorite sports writers regardless of where he’s from. I can’t recall specifically how that Nee era ended, I do know after that Colorado win everyone KNEW he was gone. These next few weeks won’t be pretty. Hopefully it won’t digress to the level of this call if you’ll remember. Someone called into KLIN before there was a “delay” & asked Bob Kerrey if he & Debra Winger were currently Butt Fu**ing…

13 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

He didn't report facts.  He reported tickets sold and then he gave a reporter "estimated" fans in the stands.  So, his guess was facts?  That is agenda.

You can call it an agenda, but I viewed it as trying to give an accurate depiction of fan interest at the time. Attendance used to be reported by the turnstile, then the university changed to reporting attendance by tickets sold and there isn't any debating as to why. It looks better on paper, but I don't know who they think they are fooling.

5 minutes ago, hugh42 said:

You can call it an agenda, but I viewed it as trying to give an accurate depiction of fan interest at the time. Attendance used to be reported by the turnstile, then the university changed to reporting attendance by tickets sold and there isn't any debating as to why. It looks better on paper, but I don't know who they think they are fooling.

People who aren’t local and watching every game 

56 minutes ago, cipsucks said:

He didn't report facts.  He reported tickets sold and then he gave a reporter "estimated" fans in the stands.  So, his guess was facts?  That is agenda.

Good god, never understand the attacking media and blaming them for an "agenda." Just to clarify you think Eric Olsens #'s are somehow an estimate and incorrect?  

Edited by coughunter

On 2/5/2022 at 4:41 PM, hhcscott said:

Is the AD position at Butler open?

I love that this appeared in Shatel's column 

"Heard a Husker hoops fan last weekend ask if the Butler athletic director's job was open. Hey you have to laugh so you don't cry."

I know it might have been someone else with the same sense of irony, but I'm gonna let myself have this win...might the last one I get this season.

Regarding the "butts in the seats" number, the attendance everywhere is down. I watch a lot of college hoops and you see the empty seats everywhere, and Covid is to blame. Lot of oldtimers with season tickets aren't going, and a lot of corporate seats aren't being filled. And a lot of people won't go if there's a mask restriction. I've seen plenty of empty seats for Kentucky, which like us has seats in their school color to hide that there's no one there.

I'm not saying attendance isn't bad here, but that should have been acknowledged in the Shatel's column.

28 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

Regarding the "butts in the seats" number, the attendance everywhere is down. I watch a lot of college hoops and you see the empty seats everywhere, and Covid is to blame. Lot of oldtimers with season tickets aren't going, and a lot of corporate seats aren't being filled. And a lot of people won't go if there's a mask restriction. I've seen plenty of empty seats for Kentucky, which like us has seats in their school color to hide that there's no one there.

I'm not saying attendance isn't bad here, but that should have been acknowledged in the Shatel's column.

An artical today clarified the number.   We had around 7000 in actual attendance.