Hot Seat

GoBigRed

If you heard Fred’s postgame comments on the radio it sounded like someone coming to the stark realization that there’s no rabbits left in the hat. “We just got our Asses beat by 30” & “this team flat out folded” How it plays out is anyone’s guess, but what’s coming Tuesday will take no pity…

On 1/8/2022 at 7:04 PM, huskerbill85 said:

The record unfortunately speaks for itself however I don't consider him on the hot seat due to that buyout. I think this program dwindles until his buyout is more reachable. 

Sip this morning said his buyout is $18.5 M and he got an extension after that great 1st year!  Yikes, strap in....

45 minutes ago, coughunter said:

Sip this morning said his buyout is $18.5 M and he got an extension after that great 1st year!  Yikes, strap in....

The costliest Nebraska memorabilia are the cocktail napkins Bill Moos signed to extend the coaches he hired 

43 minutes ago, Chuck Taylor said:

It's hard to believe you could get NU basketball boosters to come up with that kind of money. Year 4 seems a certainty.

If I was Vegas taking bets on the future of FH I'd say

1/2 - retained

1/5 - resigned

1/6 - fired

If I was gambling then I'd bet on resigned because I think it's 50/50 he resigns

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

Hoiberg Extension

Here's that one year extension Fred got in June of 2020 that seems like exhibit H in the case of how letting our human ATM of an AD go was a cost savings move.

M biggest concern with Moos, even while he was in charge, was exactly that. He was on a massive spending spree not only with coaches, but staff, facilities, etc. And I was worried we wouldn't get the ROI out of that spending.

And now it seems like he treated Nebraska the same way he treated Washington State. Spend, spend, spend until there's no return and you run away to something else.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

If they do let Fred go, I just wanna say I am available to coach this program and I will do it for 1/3 of what they paid Fred and I GUARANTEE I will come within 7 wins per year of what he has posted. Guaranteed.

I can send you my resume if you need an assistant.  Not real strong in the recruiting area, but that has been the case for a while now.  I might do it just for the courtside seats!

2 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

If they do let Fred go, I just wanna say I am available to coach this program and I will do it for 1/3 of what they paid Fred and I GUARANTEE I will come within 7 wins per year of what he has posted. Guaranteed.

I can send you my resume if you need an assistant.  Not real strong in the recruiting area, but that has been the case for a while now.  I might do it just for the courtside seats!

I'll take the former role of either Bobby Lutz or Marc Boehm.

Sounds like a comfy job with big pay.

On 1/8/2022 at 8:36 PM, coughunter said:

Does Keisei, Andre, Keon, Wilhelm, CJ, if they return excite you with the new recruits?  I dont know...

Absolutely. 

Lawrence
Dawson
Lloyd Jr.
Keita
Wilhelm 
Edwards
Wilcher 
McPherson

Is a super solid team in two years. Add in maybe that kid from Oklahoma and that’s a real good team. I’d appreciate also if they added some local kids. 

15 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Absolutely. 

Lawrence
Dawson
Lloyd Jr.
Keita
Wilhelm 
Edwards
Wilcher 
McPherson

Is a super solid team in two years. Add in maybe that kid from Oklahoma and that’s a real good team. I’d appreciate also if they added some local kids. 

Add a true PG to that mix and I really like the ingredients.  Problem is I don’t trust the coaching to make them a cohesive unit.  A good coach would be competitive with that group of kids.

17 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

Absolutely. 

Lawrence
Dawson
Lloyd Jr.
Keita
Wilhelm 
Edwards
Wilcher 
McPherson

In fairness we all thought this years roster would be much improved.  At this point im in the show me on the court and not just star gazing.

43 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:
49 minutes ago, Navin R. Johnson said:
2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Expand  

I'll take the former role of either Bobby Lutz or Marc Boehm.

Sounds like a comfy job with big pay.

I'll take the Doc role since its gone unclaimed.  I love talking, eating, wearing t-shirts and sweatshirts and kicking back and relaxing in a chair.

21 minutes ago, coughunter said:

In fairness we all thought this years roster would be much improved.  At this point im in the show me on the court and not just star gazing.

I put a lot of that on the Press and the Coaches for way over hyping these guys before we saw them play one game. None of them really live up to the hype that was given.  These guys were supposed to be at a minimum as good as Nee's best teams at Nebraska.  Nee's best teams would destroy these guys.

1 hour ago, coughunter said:

That's the Hoiberg rub though....it's not all that hard to imagine our record at 11-5 right now with our current roster if this was a better run organization.