Hot Seat

GoBigRed

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

You made a claim about the season 5 years ago without context. Someone else offered some details about that season to provide context to what YOU claimed.

It's not like they just, out of the blue, started complaining about officiating in games that occurred 5 years ago.

IF that's what had happened, then I could understand your response. But that's not what happened. What happened is that YOU brought it up, and their response was germane to what you said.

Edited to add: By the way, this is an example of what they call "gaslighting." 

Person A: Makes claim about past event, missing pertinent context.

Person B: Participates in conversation about past event by sharing additional context.

Person A: "Wow, you sure are obsessed about (topic that I brought up.)"

You chose to be the dick not me. Thanks for the message board education.  I will do my best from now on to follow "Norms" rules.  Carry on...

11 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

I really don't want to defend Frost, but turning around a football program is much harder unless the previous coach was a great recruiter that simply couldn't coach it properly.  That was the situation inherited by Frost at UCF, where he inherited a team with loads of talent that culturally fell apart for a single year before he arrived.  But what he inherited at Nebraska was a completely bare cupboard.  Hoiberg inherited an even more baren cupboard, but the size of a basketball roster and ability for freshman to be impact players makes a basketball flip inherently easier.

The cupboard wasn't exactly bare when Frost got there.

Recruiting rankings by 247 sports

2015 - 30

2016 - 26

2017 - 23

Frost 

2018 - 23

2019 - 17 (almost half of the class is already gone)

2020 - 20

2021 - 20

1 hour ago, brfrad said:

The cupboard wasn't exactly bare when Frost got there.

Recruiting rankings by 247 sports

2015 - 30

2016 - 26

2017 - 23

Frost 

2018 - 23

2019 - 17 (almost half of the class is already gone)

2020 - 20

2021 - 20

Riley lost a fair amount of his top end talent to the transfer portal though.  Looking at the roster that Frost inherited, there were only twelve 4* players that Riley signed and Frost inherited.  That's a bare cupboard by B1G standards. 

Now granted, Frost has had plenty of time to remedy the situation.  The blame for continuing to suck falls squarely on his shoulders.  I'm just saying that that Year One roster wasn't very good.

On 12/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, Ron Mexico said:

Much better than your comparative analysis capabilities.

You might perceive it that way due to your complete ignorance.  I did not give my opinion on a single thing that you babbled on about replying to my post.  Typically if someone quotes someone they discuss the post.  You went off on some idiotic tangent that I didn't even discuss.  I simply made reference to the fact they both look worse for wear from when they were hired.  You start spewing the differences between football and basketball.  Completely unrelated to my post.  Obviously reading comprehension is a problem for you.  Do better.